Windows 10: Mail closes when email selected

Discus and support Mail closes when email selected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just started having issue open Mail once I select an email it opens and Mail closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KELLYryCKENBOER, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Mail closes when email selected

Just started having issue open Mail once I select an email it opens and Mail closes

:)

KELLYryCKENBOER, Jan 24, 2019

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Jan 24, 2019
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Mail closes when email selected

Email Closes Unexpectedly

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly help you with it.

From the description it is understood that you are facing issues with Windows 10 Mail App.

Which email account have you added in the Mail app?

Do you receive any error code or error message when the Mail app closes?

Please try the below methods and check:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if the issue can be resolved.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows store apps' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

Type in the following commands listed in the table below under the “Remove PowerShell Command” column to remove the app. The app can be reinstalled using the Store App. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling
    the app.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall the apps.

1. Go to the Start menu and do a search for PowerShell, right-click the app from the list, and click Run as administrator.

2. Type these commands to remove Mail and Calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Hope the information helps.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Mail closes when email selected

1. Mail closes when email selected - Similar Threads - Mail closes email

2. Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Tabbing to Mail app selects ribbon instead of the email text: Hello, I've been having this problem recently (after the last update?) where alt+tabbing to the Windows Mail application selects the "Format" button in the menu instead of the email I was writing. Eg: I'm writing an email on mail, I alt+tab to notepad, copy text, alt+tab back...
  3. Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account: When I open the mail app I can see all my accounts and see how many new emails per account (Capture 1). [img] If I then go to the second account it shows no mail (capture 2) even though I know there are emails in the inbox. [img] I then go back to the first account and...
  4. Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app emails not viewable when selecting a second installed account: When I open the mail app I can see all my accounts and see how many new emails per account Capture 1. [ATTACH] If I then go to the second account it shows no mail capture 2 even though I know there are emails in the inbox. [ATTACH] I then go back to the first account...
  5. Windows Mail closing searched emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail closing searched emails: Every time I use the "search" function in Windows 10 Mail app, it locates the appopriate emails with that key word, but as soon as I click on an of them it sequentially closes it and all the rest of them one by one! It has made it impossible to read any email searched for by...
  6. Mail client selection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail client selection.: Hi, I still use Word 2007 as it does everything I need, however when I want to "send" a document to someone, it always starts up Windows Live Mail, however I don't use that, I just use the "Mail" app in Win 10. I have looked at the registry under...
  7. Mail doesnt notify new emails from gmail when the app is closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail doesnt notify new emails from gmail when the app is closed: I synced my gmail account with the Mail app, I wanna windows show me the notifications in real time but the problems is, It only notify me when i open the Mail app, Sync Options is on, Chrome is allowed in action center, Desktop Notification Is on (gmail setting), Chrome...
  8. System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected: I have just updated to windows 10 update 1903 and when when I select select 'Settings' from the Start menu and then select 'System', the System menu shows for a second and then Settings closes/crashes with no error message. This only seems to happen when 'System' is selected...
  9. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  10. Mail and Agenda application close automatically when opening mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Agenda application close automatically when opening mails: Hi, I have been using the Mail & Agenda app on my laptop from the beginning but recently it has started to mess up. For example: everytime i want to open a mail to read it, it will just automatically close down the whole app. I can't seem to find anyone else with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo mail closes unexpectedly with error message session ended unexpectedly

2. windows email app closes when selected