Windows 10: Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed

Discus and support Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, I face the same issue that many Windows 10 users are have when configuring the settings for the Windows 10 Mail app. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YanAndrew, Apr 30, 2020.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed

Hello Everybody,

I face the same issue that many Windows 10 users are have when configuring the settings for the Windows 10 Mail app. The configuration will fail with the following error messages:

For Gmail: Error 0x8007139f

For Outlook: Error 0x80004005

From the several posts on the same issue by other users I could find on the Internet as well as the Community Forum, there does not seem to be a solution to date.

FYI, I intend to setup a total of three 3 email accounts to the Mail app so I can monitor my inboxes easily, and they are all with different email providers. The third email account I planned to include in the Mail app is provided by Zoho Mail in case this is relevant in working on a solution for this issue.

Hopefully, some Guru will attend to this issue soon.

Looking forward to a reply.

Thank you,

Andrew

#stayhomestaysafe

:)

YanAndrew, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 30, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed - Similar Threads - Mail Configuration Using

2. Microsoft Widows 11 Mail app fails to read mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Widows 11 Mail app fails to read mails: I cannot read half of my mails using the microsoft mail app on Windows 11. The mails are either coming in as blank body or as HTML tags. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-widows-11-mail-app-fails-to-read-mails/3051d527-d7dd-4d48-9b9d-c918d886998e
  3. Configure Windows 10 Mail App With Powershell

Configure Windows 10 Mail App With Powershell: I have many non-domain joined computers running Windows 10 Pro that we use the native Mail application on. Is there a way to scrip the setup of the mailbox via Powershell or the command prompt? We are using Office365 as our email server....
  4. Cannot Use Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Use Mail App: Basicily i Cannot Login into My Outlook Account And Mail App Says Creating account... And There is A Screenshot [ATTACH] i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-mail-app/f2985bce-0f8c-456b-84dd-63f9dc82b93f
  5. Configuring Win10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configuring Win10 Mail: Help me please configure my Outbox folder in Win10 Mail. I want to have the recipients’ name instead of my name in the outbox. Moreover it is difficult to find a required email. It is a problem with my Gmail account....
  6. Issue using Windows Mail app

Issue using Windows Mail app: Split from this thread. I use window not office okay thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-using-windows-mail-app/d1abbd26-9397-42dc-83e4-4f179ce0bcda
  7. Problem Configurating Mail App with PlusNet

Problem Configurating Mail App with PlusNet: I have a pop 3 account with PlusNet but when entered in Microsoft 10 it selects it into Outlook. this is after I have particularly chosen the "Other" selected file. I am getting "nothing has come in yet" reply. what is Happening???? [Original Title: e-mail]...
  8. Configure the Mail App in Mac Book pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Configure the Mail App in Mac Book pro: Please help me to configure the Mail App in Mac Book pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-the-mail-app-in-mac-book-pro/2bcb9f55-d38c-449d-bee1-e25a6a217d64
  9. Windows 10 Mail App fail ..

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App fail ..: Hi When I select the win 10 Mail App it says it is not working and I am requested to download the App again. I did try but the download failed. I read elsewhere that I need to delete the App before attempting the download and I have now the procedure to do that. My question...
  10. Use mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...