Windows 10: Mail crashing as soon as I run it

Discus and support Mail crashing as soon as I run it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; EDIT: Nevermind, issue resolved itself on its own. Since, I think, yesterday, Mail has been crashing within 2 seconds from when I run it. Every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfred001, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Mail crashing as soon as I run it

EDIT: Nevermind, issue resolved itself on its own.

Since, I think, yesterday, Mail has been crashing within 2 seconds from when I run it. Every time I run it it just crashes within 2 seconds.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

I don't know whether this was brought about by one of the recent updates.

:)

Alfred001, Apr 14, 2017

2. Microsoft Mail is crashing as soon as I open it - windows 10 installed

I also had this problem it stopped after a full reboot. But then I had a different set of mail issues that are described on another thread in this forum,...

Oceansidemommy, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Microsoft Mail is crashing as soon as I open it - windows 10 installed

Read the first link in my reply.

This process fixed several issues on my computer including Mail App issues.

*****************************************************************************************

New repair process for Windows 10 PC Mail App problems.

After my Original Upgrade to Windows 10, I had problems found by

SFC /SCANNOW that could not be repaired by SFC or DISM. Now my SFC scans are CLEAN.

Use this ISO file repair install, link to the process. (Keep your files and Apps)

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

After the process I did the following. I checked for and installed Windows Updates.

I had to right click on my clock (bottom right of Desktop) and change it to the correct time zone.

I also had to open my Mail App and for each email account I opened SETTINGS then OPTIONS and CHECKED the BANNERS and SOUNDS boxes (they were unchecked).

Now my EMAIL notifications are working perfectly.

The ISO file repair install could be the solution to the EMAIL NOTIFICATION problems.

The only problem I found was that MBAM would not open in my User Account. I used the MBAM uninstall tool then reinstalled MBAM. Everything works fine now. THANK YOU.

Perhaps I should have Uninstalled MBAM before doing the Windows 10 Repair Install. I left Windows Defender running with no problems. The Windows 10 Repair Install clearly states remove any third party Anti-Virus program before running the procedure.

Link to MBAM clean uninstall and reinstall process.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/146017-mbam-clean-removal-process-2x/

Don't forget to check for updates, reset your time zone and go to Mail App settings > options and check banners and sounds when you are finished. Doing a Restart would also be a good idea after everything else.

If you have success with this process please post a reply to let others know.

DavidG_908, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Mail crashing as soon as I run it

1. Mail crashing as soon as I run it - Similar Threads - Mail crashing soon

2. Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it: Whenever I run the xbox app, it will load for a few seconds before closing itself out. I've tried some fixes like reinstalling it, reinstalling game bar/gaming services, updating, troubleshoots, and sfc /scannow. Here is the error I got in event viewer:Faulting application...
  3. Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 XBOX App crashes soon after running it: Whenever I run the xbox app, it will load for a few seconds before closing itself out. I've tried some fixes like reinstalling it, reinstalling game bar/gaming services, updating, troubleshoots, and sfc /scannow. Here is the error I got in event viewer:Faulting application...
  4. Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it: So like as soon as i am opening the game the app just closes without any error, i have tried both the player as well as the Microsoft store version, there is a difference the Roblox player needs to closed from the task manger before we close it from the task manger we can...
  5. Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it

Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it: So like as soon as i am opening the game the app just closes without any error, i have tried both the player as well as the Microsoft store version, there is a difference the Roblox player needs to closed from the task manger before we close it from the task manger we can...
  6. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  7. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  8. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. chkdsk running as soon as I connect to internet!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk running as soon as I connect to internet!: I have an older system running Windows 10 Pro ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 24GB ram AMD Radeon R9 200 series 2GB at 68 years old this is more then enough system for what I need. the problem is every time it has tried to install Windows...
  10. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch: Hardware: Surface pro 3 Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345) 1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP account, which cannot receive new mail. Than I tried to edit the account settings, but the account setting dialogue won't...