Windows 10: Mail Crashing Graphics Driver is back

Discus and support Mail Crashing Graphics Driver is back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After Windows Updates fixed the Mail app crashing graphics driver problem discussed here, things worked fine for a while. It's happening again, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeBrady29, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Mail Crashing Graphics Driver is back

After Windows Updates fixed the Mail app crashing graphics driver problem discussed here, things worked fine for a while. It's happening again, after a late March (?) update to 1809. I'm trying the app reset, as described in the previous discussion, but not expecting that to help based on the prevous discussion - what fixed it then was a new version of Windows (presumably with a fixed Mail app). Was the Mail app changed in late March 2019? Whatever happened, the exact same behavior is now recurring: display blanks when Mail opens, perhaps twice. Sometimes, it comes back up and Mail can be used. At least half the time, it comes back up, then within a minute or so crashes again. After the 3rd crash, Windows restarts, of course losing anything else that might be up. No other apps show this behavior - only Mail.

Windows Version 10.0.17763.194 (1809), 32-bit

Computer: Tablet based on Atom Z3735F, 2GB RAM, 32GB C: drive (about 14GB free)

No BIOS or firmware update is available. Computer was purchased in 2016 with OEM Windows 10 but appears from the s/n to be a 2015 version according to the RCA web site. Windows is up to date and Device Manager is satisfied with the driver status of all devices including the display (Intel processor graphics).

:)

MikeBrady29, Apr 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail App crashes graphics driver

Hello Zener,

You may get this notification if you have outdated or corrupted display drivers. To rectify the issue, we suggest that you perform the steps below about uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers manually:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website and download the latest graphic adapter driver from there.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Right-click on your display driver, and then select Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver
      > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the drivers you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Graphics Driver crashes

Hi Bastewart,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the sceen?

I would suggest you to check the compatibility of graphics card with windows 10.

Follow the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/Error/Index

As you have mentioned device manager is not able to recognize graphics card so I would suggest you to run hard ware and device troubleshooter and check.

Follow the below steps.

A) Go to the Control Panel then ‘Troubleshooting’ and select ‘troubleshooting’.

b) Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ and select ‘Hardware and Devices’ and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

If it doesn't work so I would suggest you to Boot in safe mode and try to uninstall graphics drivers. restart the computer. check if you can boot normally.

If yes, Try to install latest Graphics Driver in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps.

a. Right click on setup file.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Click on Compatibility tab.

d. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.

e. Select the operating system to which the driver is available.

f. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.

Follow the link to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Check if it helps. I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Mail Crashing Graphics Driver is back

Graphics Driver Crash on Fullscreen after Windows 10 Update

Hi Noah,

I appreciate your effort to resolve the issue with driver. I will certainly help you.

The issue might occur due to incompatibility of drivers.

I suggest you to run the Programs compatibility troubleshooter. It
    runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

Kindly follow the steps to run the compatibility troubleshooter:

• Go to Control Panel and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on programs.

• Select Programs compatibility Troubleshooter
      and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue still persist kindly go to the below link and click on
    Auto Detect on GPU. It will automatically detect the latest updated graphic driver.

Drivers | GeForce

You can also try rolling back the graphic driver.

Kindly follow the steps to roll back the driver:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Click on the Display driver to expand, right click on the device/ graphic driver and click on Properties.

• Now click on Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button.
    Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank You

Jahnabi Das, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Mail Crashing Graphics Driver is back

1. Mail Crashing Graphics Driver is back - Similar Threads - Mail Crashing Graphics

2. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  3. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic driver crash: When I playing the game and my monitor turn off and graphic driver changed to Microsoft graphic driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crash/08a49879-d409-422a-aa60-c6644d96057c
  4. Graphic driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  6. Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver crashed and unsupported graphics driver.: This problem only happened after updating to windows 11. While I was playing valorant, it crashed randomly. Stating that my graphics driver crashed. At first I didnt think that this was a major issue so I didnt put a deep thought into it. After a few days, I played left 4...
  7. Graphic driver crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic driver crashing: I'm still......having trouble with my graphics driver crashing every time a video comes on FB. No one has been able to fix this yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-driver-crashing/e7a9cd51-130c-4fd4-8bcf-a5af0a1c19b6
  8. Graphics drivers keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics drivers keep crashing: So i bought a brand new computer with Windows 10, ran all the windows updates until it said there weren't anymore twice. I then updated all of the drivers (motherboard, cpu, graphics card, audio, ect.) And installed a game and tried to play, the graphics drivers repeatedly...
  9. Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Driver Frequently Crashes: My graphics driver crashes very often, followed by a message saying that the graphics driver has crashed and recovered. This never happened before upgrading to Windows 10. It happens most often when I'm playing Hearthstone, but also occasionally elsewhere. Today my computer...
  10. Graphics Driver crash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Driver crash: I just updated to Windows 10. My graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT610 . i updated to the latest version of the driver also(356.63). But randomly my screen goes blank and after a second or two it becomes normal a notification comes saying Graphics driver not responding and...