Windows 10: Mail desktop app and account sender name

Discus and support Mail desktop app and account sender name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krnrice27, Nov 7, 2019 at 12:37 PM.

1. Mail desktop app and account sender name

Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to send out professional emails and it looks bad that I have that as my alias. I'd appreciate any help!

submitted by /u/krnrice27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/krnrice27, Nov 7, 2019 at 12:37 PM

2. W10 Mail App displays sender as "name(at)outlook.com ON BEHALF OF name(at)mydomain.nl"

This problem presents itself in the Windows 10 Mail app and does not show up on Outlook.com

I use Outlook.com in combination with a connected account name(at)mydomain.nl

Since last december there has been a change in the way the Mail app is displaying the sender address.

Before Christmas it would just state: "name(at)mydomain.nl"

After Christmas the Mail app displays the sender as "name(at)outlook.com on behalf of name(at)mydomain.nl"

At oulook.com

• I have deleted my connected accounts and re-installed them again.
    • I have also set and reset the Default sender address a number of times.
    • With little improvement.

I suspect that the W10 Mail app is be a bit off in displaying the original sender address where it should show the return address like other mail clients do.

Stephan Paternotte, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:22 PM
  3. Sender Name of Google account.

Hi,

I have installed my Gmail account on Windows 10 email app. During installation it asked to give sender name and I gave.

Now when I am sending mail from windows app the sender name is different from the gmail account sender 's name.

How can I change the sender's name on windows 10 email app.

please help.

Jyotirmay MadhavAditya, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:22 PM
  4. Gelbs Win User

Mail desktop app and account sender name

Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still working fine. What annoys me is. Is that I cannot whatsoever change my sender name via Mail app, when sending emails. It basically displays the name I have on my MSN/Microsoft profile. I even changed that, but it hasn't updated. If I add another non Hotmail account to the app, I have the choice to display the name I wish. Microsoft really piss me off. Live Mail works fine. And now they're saying it's going to be made redundant pretty much, and now I switch over, I can't even change my display name?? They really are morons. If it's not broken. Why fix it?!

Thema:

Mail desktop app and account sender name

1. Mail desktop app and account sender name - Similar Threads - Mail desktop app

2. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  3. Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send

Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send: I have found when using a Gmail account with Windows 10 Mail App that it uses the wrong sender name. This has been posted about before and I could not find a posted solution. This was the fix for me. It all relates to the order in which email accounts are created. Change...
  4. Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...

Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...: This is on MAIL and not outlook. As I and my husband use this laptop, we together have accumulated nearly 10 mail ids over a period of 15 yesrs from YOU/YAHOO/GMAIL. Each mail id is different with its own password. Yesterday I totally reinstalled windows10, assuming there...
  5. MS Mail Blocked Senders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Mail Blocked Senders: How can I block e-mail using MS Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-mail-blocked-senders/d481d3c2-3c26-409b-95f4-ac80dca630c1"
  6. mail app accounts

mail app accounts: I can't reestablish my gmail link in the mail app. 3 days ago my email accounts disappeared in the windows 10 mail app. I had a power outage, so that is probably the culprit. I have reset the mail app, but when I attempt to relink to my gmail account it fails. The message in...
  7. how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail: Suddenly when I send emails, when they arrive at the recipient, instead of being from me, they show as being from someone else. How can I change the "From" on my emails so they are coming from me!...
  8. Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

in Browsers and Email
    Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??: With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still working fine. What annoys me is. Is that I cannot whatsoever change my sender name via Mail app, when sending emails. It basically...
  9. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...
  10. Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App: Do you have to be using an Insider build of Windows 10 to be able to see this? Or will it be rolled out independently of that? 79652