Windows 10: Mail does not offer auto fill addressees when first letter is selected

Discus and support Mail does not offer auto fill addressees when first letter is selected in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am helping a friend who has recently updated her Win 10 laptop and did the Win 10 upgrade to her Win 8.1 Surface Pro. She now finds that when using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roving, Jul 20, 2016.

1. roving Win User

Mail does not offer auto fill addressees when first letter is selected

I am helping a friend who has recently updated her Win 10 laptop and did the Win 10 upgrade to her Win 8.1 Surface Pro. She now finds that when using the "Mail" tile for email neither her Yahoo or gmail account provides the usual auto fill choices from her contact list for completing the name of the person for whom the email is intended. That function occurs just fine when accessing the accounts from Edge, but not from the Windows Mail tile. What have I missed in doing this setup? I use an identical HP laptop and have no such problem. Settings seem to be the same on both laptops. Suggestions appreciated.

:)

roving, Jul 20, 2016
  2. tooney(2) Win User

How to get rid of phantom contacts in Win-10 mail?

I agree with your conclusions about this being a problem for which there is no fix.

A warning: in some of the other threads about this problem of phantom/old/obsolete addressees auto-filling when constructing a new email message, there was the suggestion to use the email app "reset" function to refresh the windows 10 email app.

DO NOT DO THIS. I did it and learned:

--resetting the mail/calendar app does not fix the phantom addressees problem

--resetting the mail/calendar app causes a new problem of your email account repeatedly disappearing from the email app. You have to keep re-adding the account name to the mail app to view and send mail.

tooney(2), Jul 20, 2016
  3. Auto Filling Forms - How's it suppose to work and configuration

I've taken the steps:

• In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then select
      Internet options.
    • On the Content tab, under AutoComplete, select Settings.
    • Select Forms, select OK, and then select
      OK
      again.
    But the forms are not filled out for them. Every site I visit I must fill in the blanks (Name, Address, EMail, etc)

If I type a first letter, then most of the time it offers previously filled words, but is this all that is expected of this feature.

Or, does it not fill in most of the previously filled out fields, like Name, Address, EMail, City, State, Zip, etc?

Is there no template to fill for field types I would prefer and not fill for those I do not want to auto fill?

Are there other Non-IE applications for auto fill function like for .pdf files?

Thanks for any help.

RodneyMynatt, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

Mail does not offer auto fill addressees when first letter is selected

1. Mail does not offer auto fill addressees when first letter is selected - Similar Threads - Mail does offer

2. Auto fill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fill: HiMy auto fill with my name and address stopped working passwords auto fill OKhow do i correct so my name address autofill?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOESI did switch ISP dont know if that did it...
  3. Auto fill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto fill: HiMy auto fill with my name and address stopped working passwords auto fill OKhow do i correct so my name address autofill?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOESI did switch ISP dont know if that did it...
  4. Auto fill

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mail Auto Fill - drop down list

Mail Auto Fill - drop down list: Hi All, I researched but can not find an answer. Mail app does not suggest started email addresses by name anymore - only by email address. Usually, as does my other machine at work, when start typing the name of a person, it fills the email address. On this machine it...
  6. AUTO FILL in MAIL will NOT DELETE and is wrong

AUTO FILL in MAIL will NOT DELETE and is wrong: I have a FAKE auto fill address that is linked to my e personal email address. When I type the address in the TO box the FAKE address is first. ALL THE FORUM SUGGESTIONS DO NOT WORK. I am using the MAIL app, NOT the 365 MAIL app. There is NO "X" and no "i" button, and...
  7. auto fill in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto fill in: When logging into an app - how to auto fill in email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-in/6ba2a221-bfff-43e5-8d62-d8efa605e32d
  8. Auto Fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Fill: When using Windows 10 and Microsoft Explorer (not Chrome), where can I find the "auto fill" application? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill/8195866f-cda8-4d79-b545-10668a65d223
  9. Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters: After 10 -15 minutes into work on either a Word document or an XL spreadsheet I get random characters populating whatever I am working on. I have just run a scan to make sure I don't have any malware. Please help if you can....
  10. first letter i type missing and auto fill wont turn off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    first letter i type missing and auto fill wont turn off.: I thought I was going crazy so . I bough a new compute because this issue. when fill ing out forms the first letter is missing an I cant turn off auto fill. I Have been trying to find work and think this issue is why I have not gotten any calls from 80 applications I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail does not offer auto fill addressees when first letter is selected