Windows 10: Mail Envelope

Discus and support Mail Envelope in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is about the "Mail Envelope Icon". Of note, I always log-in and shut-down my email when I'm finished. I noticed the "Mail ICON" at the bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarilG, Jul 12, 2018.

1. CarilG Win User

Mail Envelope

This is about the "Mail Envelope Icon". Of note, I always log-in and shut-down my email when I'm finished. I noticed the "Mail ICON" at the bottom of my task bar, it always seems to have my email OPEN. I was wondering how to close the emails from showing? I don't like leaving anything open on my computer. I like to be secure by shutting everything down and logging in to restart. This mail icon seems to be on all the time, but I did notice there is No account information meaning to change passwords or anything like that in this Icon. Is this true? I noticed under "manage account" I could delete from this device. Would that only delete my email from this ICON.

:)

CarilG, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Emilbv Win User

How to add back mail envelope?

aI just bought nokia lumia 620 few days ago and i unpin mail envelope from screen, i haven't set any mail account yet and i don't kno how to set all.
    If any 1 can help me plz make it step by step reply.
    Thx a lot for help

Emilbv, Jul 12, 2018
  3. denniswhite857 Win User
    BT mail

Thank you neilpzz, I did what you suggested but there was no pin to taskbar even on the more list.

denniswhite857, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail Envelope

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Mail Envelope

1. Mail Envelope - Similar Threads - Mail Envelope

2. Windows Mail on Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 - contacts screen disappears into a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail on Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 - contacts screen disappears into a black screen: Ive used the default Windows 10 mail for a while but today tried to add a new contact. When I click on "Go to people", the screen appears but after 2 or 3 seconds, goes blank/black. I have reloaded, rebooted but to no effect. Settings does not allow me to uninstall the...
  3. Error: x8000000b; Gmail account not syncing with Mail on Windows 10

Error: x8000000b; Gmail account not syncing with Mail on Windows 10: I recently removed my gmail account from the Mail application and now I cannot put it back on. Each time I enter my information for it to link, I receive the error code x8000000b. I have terminated and restarted the app as well as enabled IMAP in my Gmail settings. I've also...
  4. Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail: If I have multiple accounts on Mail (Comcast, Gmail and Hotmail) is there a way to create mail rules for messages coming into my Comcast or Gmail accounts? I can create rules for my Hotmail account no problem, but I rarely use that account. It would be very convenient for me...
  5. Are these e-mail addresses from microsoft true or a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are these e-mail addresses from microsoft true or a scam?: I'm asking because shouldn't it be just microsoft.com? These are the e-mails: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. change mail attachments preference

change mail attachments preference: I cannot open a email attachments as Adobe is the default and I want to change it. thanks BP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-mail-attachments-preference/e0220e60-ebe3-4cdc-a47a-551ed2c14cd6
  7. Outlook - to force mail to be saved in sent folder(s)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - to force mail to be saved in sent folder(s): Hi folks sometimes outlook doesn't save sent messages in spite of options settings This method always works : 'fraid it's a registry trick though (regedit) The Registry keys associated with the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option are as follows:...
  8. Can't add Gmail account to my Mail app in Windows 10 (0x80004005)

Can't add Gmail account to my Mail app in Windows 10 (0x80004005): Hi, I have the same issue as mentioned in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/cant-add-a-gmail-account-to-windows-10-builtin/742906fd-8fb2-4d80-9f4d-9031720fac7a except that the error code is 0x80004005. I tried adding...
  9. Window 10 Mail no longer launch, When going to the mail account setting, there is one...

Window 10 Mail no longer launch, When going to the mail account setting, there is one...: Hi, I can no longer launch Window 10 Mail app : If I launch it i'll see the blue mail background with the enveloppe icon in the middle then it disappears ( probably a crash). If I look into my mail accounts there is one from gmail that I can "manage", and one from...
  10. Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar: Sometime in the last week or two I noticed Outlook's little yellow indicator for new email is missing in the taskbar. When a new email arrives, Outlook plays a sound but does not display the yellow envelope. It will also display a Desktop Alert if asked to do so. I don't...