Windows 10: Mail Envelope

Discus and support Mail Envelope in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is about the "Mail Envelope Icon". Of note, I always log-in and shut-down my email when I'm finished. I noticed the "Mail ICON" at the bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarilG, Jul 12, 2018.

1. CarilG Win User

Mail Envelope

This is about the "Mail Envelope Icon". Of note, I always log-in and shut-down my email when I'm finished. I noticed the "Mail ICON" at the bottom of my task bar, it always seems to have my email OPEN. I was wondering how to close the emails from showing? I don't like leaving anything open on my computer. I like to be secure by shutting everything down and logging in to restart. This mail icon seems to be on all the time, but I did notice there is No account information meaning to change passwords or anything like that in this Icon. Is this true? I noticed under "manage account" I could delete from this device. Would that only delete my email from this ICON.

:)

CarilG, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Emilbv Win User

How to add back mail envelope?

aI just bought nokia lumia 620 few days ago and i unpin mail envelope from screen, i haven't set any mail account yet and i don't kno how to set all.
    If any 1 can help me plz make it step by step reply.
    Thx a lot for help

Emilbv, Jul 12, 2018
  3. denniswhite857 Win User
    BT mail

Thank you neilpzz, I did what you suggested but there was no pin to taskbar even on the more list.

denniswhite857, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail Envelope

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Mail Envelope

1. Mail Envelope - Similar Threads - Mail Envelope

2. Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows PCs and access to icloud Mail, Contacts etc: I've got a problem with icloud on my windows PCs. I have 2 of them - one running Windows 10; the other Windows 7 Home Premium - and each exhibits the same failings, which have been present for a couple of months or so. In the past, a click on the icloud desktop icon brought...
  3. Loop through all mail profiles using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loop through all mail profiles using powershell: Hi all, I have found a powershell script that loops through outlook registry key and searches for outlook profiles. I'm trying to find out if any users in the organization may have added any external mailboxes. This could either be in Outlook 2016 or older versions of...
  4. Import Contacts list to the Mail App in Windows 10

Import Contacts list to the Mail App in Windows 10: I recently purchased a Windows 10 (v. 1809) machine. I previously had a MacBook Pro. Can I import the Contacts book from my Mac to my Windows PC? If so, how?...
  5. WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set

WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set: T-ATTRIBUTE PROBLEM with WIN10 MAIL and PHOTO attachments: 1) The received photo does not have a “next photo” chevron, and 2) one cannot find the photo in a file explorer search. The problem occurs because the T-attribute is set. This occurs if one right-clicks on the...
  6. Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live mail: some emails I forward are sent as many times as 37 repeated emails how do I stop this so it is sent only once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail/a373e491-9ae5-4da0-8fab-acb57a3a22be
  7. How to change language of the e-mails from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change language of the e-mails from Microsoft Family: So the problem that I have is: the e-mails from Microsoft Family come in Russian, although I have changed all the possible settings, language and region. All the other messages from Microsoft, like the ones when you change a password, come in English. The Microsoft Family was...
  8. Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail: some e-mails refuse to print. Some come up in the print window but the screen goes away as soon as I hit print. sometimes the print window comes up blank with a message nothing was sent to print. In all cases I can save the e-mail and open it in Outlook and print it but it...
  9. Windows10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 mail: Is there a way to send all deleted e-mails to trash at once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-mail/04ccda9d-609e-4fef-b6bb-7edeb83744c3"
  10. Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar: Sometime in the last week or two I noticed Outlook's little yellow indicator for new email is missing in the taskbar. When a new email arrives, Outlook plays a sound but does not display the yellow envelope. It will also display a Desktop Alert if asked to do so. I don't...