Windows 10: Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses

Discus and support Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I seem to have a problem where Mail for Windows 10 mixes my work email and personal email addresses, which are set-up as separate accounts. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Every City, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses

Hi

I seem to have a problem where Mail for Windows 10 mixes my work email and personal email addresses, which are set-up as separate accounts. For example, I recently sent an email using my personal email account. I can see it in the sent items for that account, however it shows both email addresses on the top of the message like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. Then, the reply from the other party came back to my work email account and, therefore, I can't just reply to that email with my personal email address. I have myself as a contact in the app with both email addresses which may be the cause of the problem, but I would not have thought it should.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

:)

Every City, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses

1. Mail for Windows 10 mixing email addresses - Similar Threads - Mail mixing email

2. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  3. Account and email addresses mixed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account and email addresses mixed up: Where can I start in explaining this problem?I have a old PC which works perfectly well with an unsupported version of Windows, but it's adequate as I only use it for personal file storage, general occasional browsing and emails using Outlook account address ending in -...
  4. Mail 10 will not recognize email addresses

Mail 10 will not recognize email addresses: I am trying to send an email to a list of people pasted from a spreadsheet. Each time I hit send, I get an error message say, "Before sending, please remove or correct the following email address" and then names the first address in the bcc field. That email address is...
  5. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  6. odd email address in Yahoo mail address bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    odd email address in Yahoo mail address bar: When I attempt to open my Yahoo email the address bar displays a long string of coded letters and symbols afterhttps://yahoo.com. Can that indicate a hacked account or is it normal. When I click on the lock presiding the address the info displayed states the certification...
  7. Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses: Windows Mail...a bunch of bogus addresses with my name try to attach to my outgoing mail. Can't find any way to remove them. They do not show up in my Contacts list but when I prepare an email they try to autofil the addresses I enter....
  8. Autofill email addresses in Windows 10 Mail

Autofill email addresses in Windows 10 Mail: I would like to delete permanently, some of my autofill email addresses that pop up whilst I'm typing the first few letters in the 'TO' field in the Windows 10 Mail App on my laptop. NB Some instructions have told me to click the 'X' beside the address you want to delete...
  9. Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail - Delete cached email addresses: Does anyone know how to delete individual cached email addresses - or to globally purge cached email addresses in Windows 10 Mail - short of deleting all email accounts and starting from scratch? I have scoured the web and found nothing that is applicable to Windows 10 Mail....
  10. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....