Windows 10: Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts

Discus and support Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Mail for Windows 10 and my main email account has seemingly disappeared today. I have multiple email accounts and all generally work great in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobHemsley, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts

I have Mail for Windows 10 and my main email account has seemingly disappeared today.

I have multiple email accounts and all generally work great in the app. Subsequently I have gone into settings and tried to add it (in Manage Accounts), however it says that the account is already created. However I can't see it in 'Manage Accounts', with the other accounts and can't access it??

So, although it says it already exists, it isn't visible and so I can't access it! Very unhelpful... :-(

Any thoughts?

:)

RobHemsley, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts :(

Zakin, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts

1. Mail for Windows 10 not displaying accounts - Similar Threads - Mail displaying accounts

2. Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app: DearSir , I have an email address on google and when i send e-mails to mycustomers it appears to them like this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of @gmail.com and i am already usingthis service in google. Now, i started to use Windows10 Mail app and i...
  3. Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the display e-mail on Windows 10 Mail app: DearSir , I have an email address on google and when i send e-mails to mycustomers it appears to them like this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of @gmail.com and i am already usingthis service in google. Now, i started to use Windows10 Mail app and i...
  4. No mail display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No mail display: I subscribed mails from some journals. Although I can receive the mail. the content does not display. Some mails display the content, while others does not. How can I solve this issue? [ATTACH]...
  5. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...
  6. Display name in Windows 10 Mail

Display name in Windows 10 Mail: I use Windows 10 mail for my Gmail and other email accounts that I have. For some reason, the name that is being displayed to people I email is my husband's name (who also has a gmail account). I have verified that the email has originated from my own email, gone out to...
  7. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  8. No display in windows mail

No display in windows mail: When I checked my windows 10 mail this morning, the app started as usual, but there was no display- just the blue-framed window. The computer has had no previous issues. I tried shutting the P.C down, restarting with the same result. I regularly check for and install...
  9. Mail for Windows 10: Not Displaying Outside Accounts

Mail for Windows 10: Not Displaying Outside Accounts: Mail was working fine before I had to reset my computer. Now it does not show accounts other than Live/Outlook/Hotmail accounts. IOW, Microsoft accounts show up on the left panel but Yahoo, Gmail accounts do not. Thx...
  10. How to rearrange Mail Inbox Accounts display?

How to rearrange Mail Inbox Accounts display?: How to rearrange Mail Inbox Accounts display[ATTACH]? Attached pic shows my three accounts with Outlook the one at the top. How do I rearrange so that eg Yahoo is at the top? Thanks...