Windows 10: Mail for Windows adding random .png files to emails

Discus and support Mail for Windows adding random .png files to emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mail for Windows is adding unknown (to me) .png files to my emails. They do not appear on the Sent box copy of the email. Their form is similar each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cr1tical37, May 10, 2019.

1. Mail for Windows adding random .png files to emails

Mail for Windows is adding unknown (to me) .png files to my emails. They do not appear on the Sent box copy of the email. Their form is similar each time, a square with no content other than a thin white line across the middle. They appear in my file library but won't be deleted. Please help me get rid of this problem which is upsetting me and people I email.

Max

:)

cr1tical37, May 10, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 10, 2019
  3. JM_781 Win User
    wrong email is added when adding account in Mail Windows 10

On Windows 10 Mail, I've already added two email accounts with no problem, but the third one I add, I first put my email, then my password, and a totally different email from the one I put in is added to the accounts list.

JM_781, May 10, 2019
  4. Mail for Windows adding random .png files to emails

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Mail for Windows adding random .png files to emails

1. Mail for Windows adding random .png files to emails - Similar Threads - Mail adding random

2. Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail: I cannot get Mail to enable additional email accounts. I have one account that runs perfectly. I want to add a further account using the same ISP. The second account is installed using the same server settings as the first with different email address and password but it will...
  3. Outlook email cannot be added to Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook email cannot be added to Windows Mail App: I had to send my laptop to get fixed since the previous Windows update was making my laptop get the blue screen and performing automatic updates constantly. Now that I got my laptop fixed they updated it to the latest Windows 10 update. I had to add my email accounts to the...
  4. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  5. Windows 10 mail won’t print email with png attachment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mail won’t print email with png attachment: With windows 10 mail i cannot print emails with png attachment, clicking print results in the print window going away, the print preview window doesn’t open and nothing happens at the printer. All other emails without png attachments print ok. Forwarding the png email to...
  6. Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email: I am new to Windows 10 and the new Mail program. I have read all I can find about adding contacts to People from a received email and I am unable to do it. What I have read says to left click on a person/email in the reading pane of an email. When I do that a window opens...
  7. Adding email to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  8. Mail keeps adding spurious PNG attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Mail keeps adding spurious PNG attachments: When I reply to an email, Mail keeps adding spurious PNG files to my messages. They definitely aren't there when I hit "send" or when they're in my outbox, but they are attached to the mail before the recipient gets it. Sometimes I see them in my "Sent" file, but not always;...
  9. Mail not adding email properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not adding email properly.: So in a nutshell I had to reformat due to a booting issue. I know my email address, password, pop3 ports and mail servers. I can't get it to work again. I downloaded Windows Live Mail for Essentials 2012 and it freaking works just fine but Windows 10 Mail won't? It was...
  10. Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses: Hello, If I were to add a email address to the Mail app on Windows 10 Creators Update, would I be able to remove it from the Mail app and not permanently delete the email address? I don't want to accidentally delete my Google email address from existence. Does just...