Windows 10: Mail has stopped working

Discus and support Mail has stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my mail has stopped working and I need some help getting it back to working. it receives email but I cannot send email. I have worked with my email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulJohnson1964, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Mail has stopped working

my mail has stopped working and I need some help getting it back to working. it receives email but I cannot send email. I have worked with my email provider and they have determined that it is a windows 10 issue? please help.

:)

PaulJohnson1964, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail has stopped working

Hi Tony,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with accessing your emails.

From the above description, I understand, you can get into your Outlook.com account and access your emails in web based interface Outlook.com

• As you mentioned, "My Windows 10 Mail has stopped working", do you mean Windows 10 Mail App?

• Do you see any error message?

• The account you are facing issues with, is that the only and primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    If additional account, then I suggest
    remove the account and reconfigure it, and check the behavior. This doesn’t delete the original account or messages—you’ll still be able to get to them through a browser.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

I also suggest you to go to People.Live.com
    and check if you are able to access your contacts from web based interface.

Please keep us updated with the status of the issue, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail has stopped working

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Mail has stopped working

1. Mail has stopped working - Similar Threads - Mail has stopped

2. windows live mail has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail has stopped working: windows live mail has stopped working - so it will not open. Then it says 'check online for solutions - and then nothing.It show 'problem details'and says:Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409and then:if the online...
  3. windows live mail has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows live mail has stopped working: windows live mail has stopped working - so it will not open. Then it says 'check online for solutions - and then nothing.It show 'problem details'and says:Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409and then:if the online...
  4. Windows 10 mail has stopped working with AOL

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail has stopped working with AOL: I have been using Windows 10 mail with my aol account for a long time. Today out of the blue I am getting a "We couldn't access this account:Aol. You might need to update the password or give permission to sync to this device." I have not changed my PW, but I re-entered it in...
  5. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  6. Mail for windows 10 - has just stopped working.

Mail for windows 10 - has just stopped working.: Mail for windows 10 has just stopped working. Comes up with dialogue box saying it is no longer supported. I have got emails back in outlook but seem to have lost the folders I had created in Mail for windows 10. Is there any way to get the folders back?...
  7. Microsoft Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 on my PC has stopped working!

Microsoft Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 on my PC has stopped working!: Sometime yesterday evening, Oct 27th, my email application on my Windows 10 PC stopped working, mail I had sent was found sitting in the Outbox!! I use gmail and am able to login to gmail fine to see my email, it's just not getting to my mail on my PC any longer! What...
  8. Bluetooth has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has stopped working.: I used my wireless bluetooth earbuds before turning my laptop off.After turning it on again, bluetooth couldn't be turned on again. In device manager I got error 43. I restarted my laptop, turned it on and off again, tried updating the drivers and after that didn't work i...
  9. Windows Mail Has Stopped Working

Windows Mail Has Stopped Working: Windows Mail first stopped syncing, then it stopped working at all. I reset, but it doesn't work. I can't uninstall it either (button is grayed out). So, that means I can't download it again since the Windows Store shows it as already installed. Any ideas?...
  10. Windows Mail has stopped working for one user on PC (wife)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail has stopped working for one user on PC (wife): Live tile no longer shows the word "mail" and does not seem to respond when clicked. Problem just started yesterday after app worked fine for several months. Event log seems to show the following info: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 10/2/2015...