Windows 10: Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

Discus and support Mail Help for Add Account is confusing ! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rufford155, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a new account in Mail :-Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.Email address This is the name you'll see in the left pane of the Mail app.User name This is your full email address.What on earth is the difference in these two entries ?Am I stupid or is it the author of this ?

:)

rufford155, Apr 2, 2022
  2. Miakoda Win User

Need help with permanently removing accounts from Mail App

This is a shared PC and I want to either remove the email accounts that are associated with the Mail App permanently or to deactivate the automatic sign in (if there is one).

I've gone to Manage Accounts - Delete Account from this device. It tells me that the account has been successfully deleted from this device.

YET it will reactivate the account (without me entering a PW) if I choose to Add Account, it lists suggested accounts that can be added, which in this case, it lists our Outlook accounts. If I choose an account to be "added" it adds my Outlook account to the Mail App, and SOMEHOW it knows what the PWs are and automatically signs in and opens the accounts. I can see everyone's emails just by re-adding their accounts!

How do I solve this issue please! I have thought of uninstalling the Mail App, but if someone who shares the PC decides to install it, they will see everyone's email.

Miakoda, Apr 2, 2022
  3. Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Apr 2, 2022
  4. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

1. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing ! - Similar Threads - Mail Help Add

2. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !: I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a new account in Mail :-Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.Email address This is the name you'll see...
  3. Mail not able to add account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not able to add account: I have been trying to connect my school gmail account to the mail app but it just shows this kind of error [ATTACH] I did not encounter this problem with my other 2 gmail accounts. My build is Windows 10 1909, with no pending updates....
  4. Mail add account error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail add account error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WatchingCrab94282 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc6xcb/mail_add_account_error/
  5. Account confusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account confusion: So I tried buying Microsoft Windows 10 addition on the same account I have on my Xbox. The purchase went through however when I go to download it routes me to the Microsoft store which is logged in under a different account and says I have to but the game, which I already...
  6. Mail>Account ADD fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail>Account ADD fails: I have an e-mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which I have been using. I tried to add it to the Widows 10 Mail but it fails with an error code why not a message something like x800000005. I am confident that I spelled the address right. What's the...
  7. Unable to add an account to Mail

Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  8. Can't add account to Mail.

Can't add account to Mail.: I press and press the Add Account button and it does nothing , i also cant login to microsoft store as well submitted by /u/ilovefood322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eghpav/cant_add_account_to_mail/
  9. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  10. No account shown in mail add an account

in Browsers and Email
    No account shown in mail add an account: Hello, I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I currently have no mail account that has been added. I tried to uninstall mail, reinstall it with Microsoft store but this...