Windows 10: Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Discus and support Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I desperately need help for this problem. I have a Win 10 desktop and although it is signed in under my account, I have never set up any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khairulhariskarem, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Hi all,

I desperately need help for this problem. I have a Win 10 desktop and although it is signed in under my account, I have never set up any email on any of the apps.

However, there seems to be a huge amount of Mail that is lurking and taking up valuable space in my C drive.

May I know what is the best way to remove them? I have trawled the web and tried resetting the Mail and Calendar app but no solution. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive 4a0dd5cb-e68a-420b-9ba9-d50bdc18c038?upload=true.jpg Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive d355e11c-df27-42ef-91b8-f44b627d4d7c?upload=true.jpg Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive 052081ab-a3c2-45fc-be1c-3c99ee35b467?upload=true.jpg Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive 942a8858-ce73-45f8-80df-2d4205e3b369?upload=true.jpg

:)

khairulhariskarem, Dec 23, 2018

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CMail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CMail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

1. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive - Similar Threads - Mail taking 39GB

2. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  3. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  4. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Mail" is taking up six gigs of space on my C: drive, despite not having the Windows Mail...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Mail" is taking up six gigs of space on my C: drive, despite not having the Windows Mail...: Hi, I am hoping I can get some guidance on this because I don't know what is happening. I noticed in "Storage" on Windows 11 that mail is taking up over 6 GB of space on my C: drive. However, I do not have any mail apps installed on my PC in order to conserve space until I...
  6. "Mail" is taking up six gigs of space on my C: drive, despite not having the Windows Mail...

"Mail" is taking up six gigs of space on my C: drive, despite not having the Windows Mail...: Hi, I am hoping I can get some guidance on this because I don't know what is happening. I noticed in "Storage" on Windows 11 that mail is taking up over 6 GB of space on my C: drive. However, I do not have any mail apps installed on my PC in order to conserve space until I...
  7. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  8. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  9. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. "Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive: I noticed that I only had 8.8GB left on my C Drive. I use Other Drives to store all of my download and such but the occasional file gets into the C Drive which I delete. When I went into the settings to see what was taking up all of the space it says "Other" is taking up...