Windows 10: Mail keeps shutting down when i try to access an email

Discus and support Mail keeps shutting down when i try to access an email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time i try to open an email on windows mail it closes the program. i dont think ive done anything to the settings. ive never had this problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Your Local Maccas down, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Mail keeps shutting down when i try to access an email

Every time i try to open an email on windows mail it closes the program. i dont think ive done anything to the settings. ive never had this problem and ive tried shutting down and restarting my laptop and it doesnt work. Help?

:)

Your Local Maccas down, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 15, 2019
  3. iamc3k Win User
    Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail?

Folks,

I'm totally fed up with getting a loud chime whenever an email drops into my inbox. How do I shut off this intrusive sound?

I've looked in Settings/System/Notifications and Actions. There is no listing for my Windows Live Mail "app". So...that route is closed.

The Mail app has a gear symbol which supposedly lets you shut off sounds. I don't use Mail. I use Windows Live Mail. WLM does not have a cute little gear symbol. So...that route is closed.

How do I shut off this friggin' noise???

Thanks,
    Ken

Edited: Crap. I found it. It's in WLM/File/Options. Sigh. "File"? Really?

iamc3k, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Mail keeps shutting down when i try to access an email

Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Mail keeps shutting down when i try to access an email

1. Mail keeps shutting down when i try to access an email - Similar Threads - Mail keeps shutting

2. Windows keeps shutting down when i open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps shutting down when i open it: Hi, I have been dealing with a problem at my PC, sometimes when I remove the battery of my PC and reput it in, And i tried opening my Laptop it will power on for 3 seconds then immediately shutdowns. It will take me 1 hour to make it power on without it shutting down. By the...
  3. Windows keeps shutting down when i open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps shutting down when i open it: Hi, I have been dealing with a problem at my PC, sometimes when I remove the battery of my PC and reput it in, And i tried opening my Laptop it will power on for 3 seconds then immediately shutdowns. It will take me 1 hour to make it power on without it shutting down. By the...
  4. Windows keeps shutting down when i open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mail app shuts down

Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  6. Laptop shuts down when I try to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts down when I try to print: Whenever I try to print, my laptop shuts down. I've done a reset of the laptop, but it hasn't helped. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-when-i-try-to-print/a25e3952-dc11-4edc-8894-2f3988b8a37c
  7. computer keeps shutting down when i try to update it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer keeps shutting down when i try to update it: hello, my computer keeps shutting down whenever i try to update it. it goes to the update screen, gets around the halfway mark, and then completely shuts itself off. when i turn it back on, it undoes all of the update and nothing happens. it keeps prompting me to update and...
  8. Programs open when I try to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open when I try to shut down: Every time I try to shut down my PC, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word open up; and system settings. Why? I have a feeling it might be something to do with my new keyboard because it only started happening when I got it. Also, my mouse sensitivity is stupidly high on...
  9. Windows 19 Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0 shuts down when I delete emails

Windows 19 Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0 shuts down when I delete emails: Windows 19 Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0 shuts down when I delete emails. The emails aren't deleted when I reopen Mail. I have checked for updates - none available....
  10. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail keeps shutting down

2. email keeps closing

3. email keeps shutting down

4. email shuts down in windows 10,
  5. why does imap shut down,
  6. windows mail keep shutting down,
  7. why is ny outlook shutting down when u ipen it,
  8. my email keeps shutting down,
  9. currently email keeps shutting down,
  10. Why does my email keep shutting off,
  11. why does my mail keep shutting down,