Windows 10: Mail links

Discus and support Mail links in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnKnapple, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Mail links

In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my browser?

:)

JohnKnapple, Feb 10, 2019

2. e mail link

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you using Windows Mail App or Outlook Mail?
    I suggest you to make Internet Explorer as default browser and then check the issue. Follow the steps given in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Please get back to us with the information required and results of the above instructions.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail links :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Mail links

Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Mail links

1. Mail links - Similar Threads - Mail links

2. Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.: I am unable to remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail, the email account is no longer valid so I could not log in if I did have the password. Windows 10 keeps insisting that I log in, but that account does not exist any longer. How can I detach it...
  3. URL pops up while hovering over the links in Windows 10 Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL pops up while hovering over the links in Windows 10 Mail app.: I like the simple format of Windows 10 mail - the combined emails - clearly showing one's own email addresses to send - Own background picture. Then it was spoilt with the annoying URL popups obliterating the email content, and being unable to send group emails. Are there...
  4. Windows Mail linked accounts.

Windows Mail linked accounts.: How can I solve my mail accounts being linked back to original layout. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-linked-accounts/d5a36909-1ca0-4093-8d9f-47807b7bee24
  5. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  6. how to link gmail and windows 10 mail app and sign into xbox app with error 0x80070002

how to link gmail and windows 10 mail app and sign into xbox app with error 0x80070002: so this was after my files got deleted. I opened up the game bar and saw that i wasn't signed in. when i tried to, it wouldn't let me. i went to the Xbox app and it said this: we can't sign you in right now. Try again later. (0x409) 0x80070002 I then decided to open the...
  7. Can't link MS Word to Mail 10. I do not use Outlook.

Can't link MS Word to Mail 10. I do not use Outlook.: Error message "Word couldn't sent mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecified error". Word used to be linked to Postbox, but due to numerous issues with Postbox, I went with Mail 10 when I upgraded to Windows 10. I have the MS Office Home and Student 2013 version. Note: I...
  8. Windows 10 mail linked emails question

Windows 10 mail linked emails question: Windows 10 pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 So this only started a few months back, all my emails disappeared and in the mail program, all it showed was Email 1 (4 accounts) Email 2 (2 accounts) and so on... So i was able to figure out how to split them back up...
  9. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...
  10. Hyper links in Mail do not work

Hyper links in Mail do not work: I am using Win 10 Evaluation 17723.1000 (windows insider) Since upgrading to this build I find that hyper links withing mail app (recommended for win 10 ) does not work keep getting message cant open this link I use Outlook 2016 then it works ok should I restore...