Windows 10: Mail, manage settings not working can't change password

Discus and support Mail, manage settings not working can't change password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just set up Mail on new PC. Entered wrong password not the app specific for iCloud. I need to change this but when clicking on 'Fix, or change settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craig Winter, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Mail, manage settings not working can't change password

Just set up Mail on new PC. Entered wrong password not the app specific for iCloud. I need to change this but when clicking on 'Fix, or change settings in Manage Account the option is not coming up. Nothing happens or a pop-up window appears but immediately disappears so fast it can't even be seen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but account still there with same issue. t

:)

Craig Winter, Nov 21, 2022

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    change password in win10 mail app

Hi,

The steps on how to change your password depend on the service you are using.

To change the password of your Microsoft account which is associated with Office, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

article

You can also check to this
    link
    for information on how to update your password in Mail for Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Mail, manage settings not working can't change password

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

Mail, manage settings not working can't change password

1. Mail, manage settings not working can't change password - Similar Threads - Mail manage settings

2. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  3. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  4. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  5. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager: So I was trying to use Wake-On-LAN and I didn't work so I checked Device Manager and Power Management and noticed I couldn't change this setting:https://gyazo.com/50d7b7a1e91a3e7771fda357999f859fNow if I could change this setting I think Wake-On-Lan will work and I hope...
  6. Can't change Power Management setting in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mail, manage settings not working can't change password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail, manage settings not working can't change password: Just set up Mail on new PC. Entered wrong password not the app specific for iCloud. I need to change this but when clicking on 'Fix, or change settings in Manage Account the option is not coming up. Nothing happens or a pop-up window appears but immediately disappears so fast...
  8. Mail Settings is out of date. Probably Due to Password Changed.

Mail Settings is out of date. Probably Due to Password Changed.: Hello, Whenever I turn on my pc I get a notification that Mail settings is out of date. Later another notification comes up saying may be due to password has been changed. So I just open mail and click fix and it gets solved. Then I have logged in to my Microsoft account...
  9. Mail password change issue

Mail password change issue: I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in...
  10. Auto password change in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto password change in Mail: Hi I'm setting up a new desktop Win10, and I have 6 accounts running via Mail. 5 are a mix of Gmail and Outlook and they work fine, the 6th however is an IMAP account which no matter how many times I install/uninstall/reinstall the password is always changed to a 16-digit...