Windows 10: Mail never checks for new messages

Discus and support Mail never checks for new messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've had this problem for months. No matter what frequency I set Mail & Calendar to sync to, it never checks for new messages on its own. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian Patterson, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Mail never checks for new messages

So I've had this problem for months.

No matter what frequency I set Mail & Calendar to sync to, it never checks for new messages on its own.

No background syncing, no notifications, ever.
    It only ever syncs when I manually open the app.

I reset the app, I manually uninstalled/reinstalled it, I removed and re-added my gmail account, and nothing has worked.

The only clue I have is that Window seems to be suspending the Mail app process whenever I'm not looking at the app.

Mail never checks for new messages 71fe4f43-e7b7-46ff-b287-b21c94a576e0?upload=true.png

If I can disable app suspension, that would be good. I'm pretty sure my gaming desktop can handle a background email app.

:)

Ian Patterson, Mar 29, 2020

2. Check for new messages in Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Issue: check for new messages.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

If not follow the method 2

Method: 2

I suggest you to Run App Troubleshooter.

Follow the below link to run troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app 

Issue: how to create folders for received messages.

Method: 1

If you are using outlook email or any other email address, I suggest you to log in from the email client server & create new folder that will automatically save in mail app,

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Windows Live Mail keeps on checking for new messages in Windows 10.

Hello Alan,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue Windows Live Mail keeps on checking for new messages in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred either due to
    “Hardware / Software” or due to “system files”
    that have gone bad in the system.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

How to run the Modern UI App troubleshooter, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Note: The Modern app troubleshooter is a built in troubleshooter that can detect and fix most of the app errors automatically. So, I would suggest you to download and run the
    Modern app troubleshooter to fix any app errors. You can download it here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Update and synchronize your apps. To do so, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• On the Start screen, go to the
      Windows Store.

• Press the Windows + C to display the charms bar.

• Click Search.

• In the search box, type
      app updates

• Go to settings.

• Click on check for updates to update any apps installed on your computer.

• Click on sync licenses to sync the app licenses.

• Now try syncing your emails and check if the problem is fixed.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

Try to uninstall and reinstall Mail app and check if it works.

To uninstall mail app, please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows + C

• In the search box, type mail app

• Right click on the mail app and click on uninstall

• Click okay.
    In order to reinstall the Mail App, follow these steps:

• Click on “Store” to open Windows Store App.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “C” keys on the keyboard to open the Charms bar.

• Click on “Search”

• Type “Mail App” in the search box.

• Click on the icon which shows “Mail, Calendar, People and Messaging” from the search result.

• Click on “Install” from the Mail App page.
    For more information, you may refer to this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/mail-app-faq

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Mail never checks for new messages

Windows Live Mail 2012 cannot create new message or reply and have lost folders

Hi Mary,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Is the issue specific to Windows Live Mail 2012?

• What is the error message you get when you say “cannot create any new messages or reply to messages”?

Suggest you to check if you are able to access the web mail using a browser to check if you are able to create new mails and also to reply to any mail.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow these steps to repair Windows Essentials to check if that helps:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “appwiz.cpl” and hit enter.

• Select “Windows Essentials 2012” and click “change/uninstall”.

• Select “Repair all Windows Essentials programs” and follow the on-screen directions to repair Windows Essentials.

Once this is done restart the pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Mail never checks for new messages

1. Mail never checks for new messages - Similar Threads - Mail never checks

2. mail program NEVER works properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail program NEVER works properly: I swear, this is my last microsoft device I will every buy. I have a surfacebook laptop and it sucks. The features I do like about it are not strong enough to balance out what doesn't work well.I have multiple email accounts and had them all set up on this laptop. Sometimes...
  3. mail program NEVER works properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail program NEVER works properly: I swear, this is my last microsoft device I will every buy. I have a surfacebook laptop and it sucks. The features I do like about it are not strong enough to balance out what doesn't work well.I have multiple email accounts and had them all set up on this laptop. Sometimes...
  4. Import mail messages

Import mail messages: How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mail-messages/58c592b6-4676-48e9-9330-a3524096ea30
  5. Windows Mail new message count stuck again

Windows Mail new message count stuck again: This problem first appeared for me after 2004 in the little tablet/2in1 that I was trying to conserve memory and disk space in. Fixed it the first time by resetting the app. Reappeared after the February 2021 cumulative update which should have had nothing to do with apps?....
  6. Mail error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail error message: I am unable to send emails. I get this message from Windows. What is the problem? How do I fix it? It's very annoying! Using Outlook for Mail on PC We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can...
  7. Mail App not auto-populating "To" field in new message

Mail App not auto-populating "To" field in new message: Purchased new PC so new to Windows 10. Want to use Mail App and was able to set up a POP3 account, the email address was recognized and mail is coming through. I determined that I needed to use the People App to create contacts which obviously uses Outlook (which I never used...
  8. Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?: I'm using Windows Mail (the envelope icon) that comes standard with Windows 10 (not the browser based program). When reading mail messages in the Inbox, I'd like to click or double-click on the message and have the message automatically open up in a new window instead of in...
  9. Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking For Updates - Never Ending Though: Hello There My Dell Latitude E6420 running Windows 10 Pro, Inrel i7 VPro no longer 'catches' the Windows Insider (Slow Recommended) Updates. Since this problem started, I have had 2 or 3 updates so far installed in 2 other machines. All I can see is the message 'Checking...
  10. how often does the mail app check for new messages?

in Browsers and Email
    how often does the mail app check for new messages?: and can you make it more frequent, if you want? 7484