Windows 10: Mail not accepting new password for bt emails

Discus and support Mail not accepting new password for bt emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed the passwords on my BT email account and then tried to link the same e-mails to Microsoft Mail.I went through the routine to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim Bat, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Jim Bat Win User

Mail not accepting new password for bt emails

I recently changed the passwords on my BT email account and then tried to link the same e-mails to Microsoft Mail.I went through the routine to add them to the MAIL account and it "seemed" to accept each entry.When I tried to get the mails a triangle pops up and a statement reports "Settings are OUT OF DATE"IF THESE ARE "NEW" PASSWORDS, would someone PLEASE advise HOW the above statement applies.I have tried various routes to load these accounts again but they all result in the same "FAULT".The routes tried and results of the attempt are as followsOUTLOOK ... NOT APPLICABLEO

:)

Jim Bat, Jun 21, 2021

2. BT Mail update and N8

Can I just verify that you followed the same steps as me?

What I did was:

create a new mailbox and select "other" from the list.

Then put in the "dummy" email address and password

This seems to allow access to the IMAP/POP choices and allows you to enter the mail.btinternet.com server addresses etc.

Once you have checked that all the settings are right (as shown on the BT website), you then change the email (and password) back to the correct ones BEFORE leaving the settings screen.

This worked for me

Tommy_Kenerji, Jun 21, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Mail not accepting new password for bt emails

windows live mail 2012 password problem

I am going around and around in circles . I have reset my password on my BT email and Googlemail email and still it wont accept the new one in Windows Live Mail I still get the password required box and still it wont accept it. HELP

Is says Please enter your user name and password for the following server.. ON BOTH email servers ... help please

jacquelinearnold, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Mail not accepting new password for bt emails

1. Mail not accepting new password for bt emails - Similar Threads - Mail accepting password

2. how do sync my bt email to windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do sync my bt email to windows mail: how do i sync bt mail to windows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-sync-my-bt-email-to-windows-mail/01dbd030-ea05-4e79-92bf-e2754190423a
  3. New PC won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC won't accept password: I am just starting up a new PC for the first time, and am entering my Microsoft account info to login. It won't accept my password even though I KNOW it is correct, as I just used it to login to other devices to test it....
  4. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  5. New Laptop Won't Accept New Password

New Laptop Won't Accept New Password: Greetings Forum,I bought a new laptop for my nine year old nephew, but he's had a lot of problems setting it up. It's an HP 15.6" FHD, AMD R5-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11, 15-ef2126wm. He created a password for the computer, but the very next time he tried to log on,...
  6. Windows Live Mail will not accept my new password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail will not accept my new password: I had to change my password and now LiveMail will not accept the new one. I went to Account, Properties and changed it there, still will not work. Outlook Express will not work either. I have not been able to read my mail on WLM since Aug 24th, although I can read it on...
  7. Email client built into Windows10 will not accept AOL mail password

Email client built into Windows10 will not accept AOL mail password: This link lists the problem I'm having, but I still cannot fix it. Why would their email client work for one aol account and not a different aol account? That doesn't make any sense. It says something about it being out of date?????...
  8. BT Email account

BT Email account: When I try to syc my emails I get an error code: ox80072ee7 What can I do to fix this? Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bt-email-account/458444af-bec7-40ff-acd3-db8fbda576c8
  9. Windows mail won't accept correct password

Windows mail won't accept correct password: I use the Windows Mail app in Windows 10, for several email accounts: Gmail, Yahoo, and Mindspring. Earthlink, the provider of my mindspring.com email account, required that I change my password yesterday. I changed it with Earthlink webmail, as well as on my iPad, iPhone,...
  10. secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app: I am trying to help my pa set up a new linx 1010 tablet. I have linked the main email account but the two secondary accounts have a warning symbol and 'require attention'. When you select the account it says 'still working on it' but nothing seems to happen. these are...