Windows 10: Mail not sending!

Discus and support Mail not sending! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Eventually decided to ‘retire’ my tried, trusted and tested 11-year-old XP computer and dive into Windows-10...for general use Struggling just a tad... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by skyways1142, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Mail not sending!

Eventually decided to ‘retire’ my tried, trusted and tested 11-year-old XP computer and dive into Windows-10...for general use

Struggling just a tad with the (not so) subtle differences between XP and W10 especially with the email element!
    Old habits die hard...

I have created the 'people' name and e-mail address details and tried to send a mail to my full contact list (18 contacts) as 'bcc' but the result was an incoming message as follows...

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."
    There was no attachment... just a few lines of text.

Do I have to select a specific address in the To: box?
    With my previous OutlookExpress in XP I was able to send as an entire 'bcc' .

Any advice would be appreciated,

:)

skyways1142, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Thank you for updating.

Do you have stable internet connection?

I suggest you to check the date and time setting in your computer.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Also try to access mail through browser and check if you are able to send and receive mail. Do check if you have seamless internet access.

Do try the steps suggested and check the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Barbara I Win User

Mail not sending!

Outbox not sending mail

I did find the outbox. It went to the top of the list. However, I still can't send mail. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I appreciate your replies.

Barbara I, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Mail not sending!

1. Mail not sending! - Similar Threads - Mail sending

2. Incorrect E-mail address showing up while trying send E-mail in Adobe Reader DC-2019.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect E-mail address showing up while trying send E-mail in Adobe Reader DC-2019.: I receive this window when trying to send an email attachment in Adobe Reader DC - 2019. My Microsoft address account comes up wrong. Window request a valid email address it has listed the following; Microsoft Account ***Removed PII*** I have to enter ***Removed PII***...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app not sending or receiving emails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We’ve heard of several folks speaking of the inability to send emails from the built-in Mail app within Windows 10. Now, this can be a huge problem for those who receive and send emails on a regular basis. We understand [...] This post Windows 10 Mail app...
  4. sending a powerpoint on e-mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending a powerpoint on e-mail: Why does my e-mail not send an attachment that is a powerpoint presentation? I put it on desktop, then clicked on "send to" and typed in the recipient's address. But when I clicked on "send" it disappeared. It is not listed in the "sent" file. How do I send it? thanks for...
  5. Send e-mail from my document file - no longer can I do this.

Send e-mail from my document file - no longer can I do this.: I reset my computer and I can no longer send a document via e-mail from my file folder. the message says "there is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an e-mail program or if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  6. Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app

Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?? ***Original title: Sending emails from...
  7. [SOLVED] Why cant i send emails with the built in mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED] Why cant i send emails with the built in mail app?: Whenever i try to send it just gives me a send fail email from Windows. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-why-cant-i-send-emails-with-the-built-in/13542251-f6a8-4757-8c1d-95eaef26b938
  8. Cannot use Windows Mail in "Send to -> mail recipient"

Cannot use Windows Mail in "Send to -> mail recipient": As it stands, this problem is still unsolved, and not even responded by Microsoft after 4 YEARS (!!!): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-windows-mail-app-as-default-email/cc01a046-7f46-4567-8f82-444fd5abf6e6. This is VERY important for my...
  9. I can receive but not send email through Spectrum with Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can receive but not send email through Spectrum with Windows 10 mail: My Win 10 computer, using Windows Mail, can recieve mail from my Spectrum but cannot send. I am using the correct server settings according to Spectrum. Any suggestions on what to try. Spectrum says that because i can send and receive via their web mail it isnt their...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Not Sending...

Windows 10 Mail Not Sending...: I'm not sure if this issue is because I've messed something up with my computer/gmail/outlook/mail but I cannot get email to send via any application installed on my computer. I started with Windows 10 Mail... worked great for a while but then every time I sent an email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app email going to outbox not sending