Windows 10: Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

Discus and support Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alfred001, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address.

When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from gmail via Mail it always just shows the e-mail address, not the name.

On the other hand, all hotmail accounts I use show the name fine.

I checked in manage accounts->change mailbox sync settings and both accounts have "send your messages using this name" specified correctly, but the name still doesn't show.

Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Alfred001, Mar 12, 2017

2. "Send as" name not appearing

I use a gmail account and I have specified in gmail a certain display name, meaning, when I send someone mail from that account, in the recepient's inbox, this display name will appear as the sender's (my) name.

When I send mail from gmail this works, but when I send mail from Win10's Mail app it just shows my e-mail address, instead of the display name.

When I go to "manage accounts" in Mail and I click on this gmail account and I click on "change mailbox sync settings," under "send your messages under this name" it shows the right name, the one I specified in gmail, however, that display name is never
    shown when I send mail via Mail.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

AlfredPeterson, Mar 12, 2017
  3. I mixed up two microsoft accounts when installing them

Yes that is what I am experiencing.

If I go to outlook.com on the website it shows my gmail profile. The only "from" address is my gmail address. I sent an email from there and it came into my normal gmail inbox as being sent from "ME"

Fred chamberlain, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Alfred001 Win User

Want to give this one more shot, this is a real pain in the neck.

Alfred001, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts - Similar Threads - Mail showing send

2. GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.: I have added a g mail account to my Mail app and it seems to be working well sending and receiving except for one minor problem. When i send emails from this account, it shows up in the recipient's inbox as coming from a completely different name even though the email address...
  3. GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.: I have added a g mail account to my Mail app and it seems to be working well sending and receiving except for one minor problem. When i send emails from this account, it shows up in the recipient's inbox as coming from a completely different name even though the email address...
  4. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  5. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  6. Can't change name for gmail account in mail app

Can't change name for gmail account in mail app: I'm using Win10 Mail App Version 16005.13426.20368.0 I recently realized that my gmail account sends mails under the wrong display name. My setup has 3 mail accounts gmx, gmail #1, gmail #2 and gmail #2 sends mails under the wrong name. I tried changing the name under...
  7. Mail app "send as" name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app "send as" name: [ATTACH] Hi all, I can't seem to figure out how to change the "send as" name for individual accounts in the Mail app. Nothing I find online seems to work; I don't have the option in my settings. Any ideas?...
  8. Sending Gmails from Windows Mail go to Mail spam

Sending Gmails from Windows Mail go to Mail spam: The problem is about 2 weeks old now, find that the only option for reliability is to send from my gmail account server. Also the spam details are passed to my spam in the gmail account. It is possible to transfer the file from spam by ticking its not junk this also alters...
  9. Send mail as "name"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send mail as "name": My wife and I have separate Gmail email addresses on our PC and I am the account holder. Recently there has been a change in her emails and whereas they are sent from her own email address the from "name" shown is mine and not hers. If she sends emails from her phone they...
  10. Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail <Removed for Privacy> account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using authenticated POP (APOP). Contact your email provider and verify that it supports authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail not showing name when sending email