Windows 10: Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

Discus and support Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue connecting an Exchange ActiveSync account to the built in Windows Mail App in Windows 10. The only information I have to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jomny, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jomny Win User

Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

Hello,

I have an issue connecting an Exchange ActiveSync account to the built in Windows Mail App in Windows 10. The only information I have to work off is the error code: 0x80072f99.

:)

Jomny, Feb 13, 2020
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726

Hi,

Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I am unable to sync any of my email addresses with Windows mail. Every time I click sync, it tries and after a while returns an error code: 0x80072726. I have tried deleting the accounts and recreating them, tried various types, hotmail, gmail etc but nothing works. Googling the issue seems to show a number of users with the same issue, some suggesting a firewall issue.

I have just tried switching off Bitdefender firewall and it now works. Anyone know which rules I need to set up in bitdefender rules to allow mail sync?

markread76, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

Error code: 0x800400c8 while syncing in Mail app on Windows 10

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are facing sync errors while syncing in Windows Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error message along with this error code?
    • Which were the latest updates installed on your device?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting step sand check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings and check if it helps.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

1. Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99 - Similar Threads - Mail syncing Error

2. Error code "0x80070425" while trying to sync mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code "0x80070425" while trying to sync mail: I am not getting my mails for 6 days and when I try to refresh it a couple of seconds later I get that message on the picture. Please help me people....
  3. Error code "0x80070425" while trying to sync mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code "0x80070425" while trying to sync mail: I am not getting my mails for 6 days and when I try to refresh it a couple of seconds later I get that message on the picture. Please help me people....
  4. Error code "0x80070425" while trying to sync mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Mail sync error - error code 0x80072af9 when trying to sync Windows 10 mail app

Windows 10 Mail sync error - error code 0x80072af9 when trying to sync Windows 10 mail app: Yes, I've made sure ALL my sync settings are fine. Somewhere in a recent Windows 10 update, my AOL account stopped syncing and I can't get it fixed. Anyone having this error? Any known fixes? I'm having same issue with Outlook AND Mail app now....
  6. Windows Mail Sync Error

Windows Mail Sync Error: Hi There For the past few days my Windows 10 Mail struggles to sync new emails and send/receive. Mail and my emails worked perfectly up until a couple of days ago. I've followed lots of steps on other sites including: Reset mail settings > apps >advanced etc Uninstall...
  7. error code 0x80072f99

in Windows 10 Customization
    error code 0x80072f99: Windows 10, People app, will not sink with my hotmail account with the error code above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80072f99/948fcb35-e0ea-42c3-bd81-d17786176675
  8. Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b

Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b: I tried to sync my gmail account to Mail App, but it turned out saying that 'something went wrong with error code 0x80000b'. When I tried to sync with my other gmail account, it works. However, there's only one email that it popped up with this error code. Could you...
  9. Mail App showing error code when syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App showing error code when syncing: I've done a Google search and I couldn't find anything so I came here, I keep getting the Error code: 0x80070032 when I click 'Sync this view' does anybody know a fix to this? Thanks 22909
  10. Syncing e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail app error code 80072726

Syncing e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail app error code 80072726: Hey guys, I am enjoying Windows 10! for the most part.... Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro does fine. Core i7-4500U 256 SSD 8 GB or RAM This may be more of a networking issue and how the Mail App communicates over the network. I am not able to sync any of my email accounts with...