Windows 10: Mail not working

Discus and support Mail not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and am trying to get the mail working and every time I try to get my Gmail to work it goes through then right after it asks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by josheisenhauer, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Mail not working

I just got a new laptop and am trying to get the mail working and every time I try to get my Gmail to work it goes through then right after it asks for the name to use for messages it starts to load then says they couldn't find my settings. I've tried everything from turning on IMAP and it just won't work i need some help.

:)

josheisenhauer, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail not working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 11, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 11, 2022
  4. Mail not working

Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

Mail not working

1. Mail not working - Similar Threads - Mail working

2. Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024?: Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-windows-live-mail-stop-working-today/95df2537-98de-43ed-9094-482f95bc9c22
  3. Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024?: Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-windows-live-mail-stop-working-today/95df2537-98de-43ed-9094-482f95bc9c22
  4. Why did Windows Live Mail stop working today 2/15/2024?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  6. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  7. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

8. windows live mail stopped working on iphone. can see old emails but d/c new emails a week ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail stopped working on iphone. can see old emails but d/c new emails a week ago: windows live mail stopped working on iphone. can see old emails but d/c new emails a week agodo I need to switch to newer email program? which one is best that is easy to use....
  9. windows live mail stopped working on iphone. can see old emails but d/c new emails a week ago

windows live mail stopped working on iphone. can see old emails but d/c new emails a week ago: windows live mail stopped working on iphone. can see old emails but d/c new emails a week agodo I need to switch to newer email program? which one is best that is easy to use....
  10. How to open saved / downloaded emails in new Outlook. Worked fine in Mail, but doesn't work...

How to open saved / downloaded emails in new Outlook. Worked fine in Mail, but doesn't work...: I have been forced to change from Mail to Outlook. I previously would download and save emails on my laptop as in save them as files on windows explorer.Now I have the new Outlook, when i try to open the saved / downloaded emails on my windows explorer, Outlook opens, but it...