Windows 10: Mail Notification Question

Discus and support Mail Notification Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Gmail is my main email and I have it set up in the Mail app. It's configured to use Notifications but I'm not getting anything when email arrives.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by thunderclap, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Mail Notification Question

Gmail is my main email and I have it set up in the Mail app. It's configured to use Notifications but I'm not getting anything when email arrives. Anyone else having this problem, or does notifications only work with Outlook accounts?

:)

thunderclap, Jul 29, 2015

2. Can't get notifications in action center from Mail app in windows 10.

I can't get notifications from mail app in action center, I read tutorials about that but I can't get it work, my question is : under settings>>notifications (notification is enable) but under GET NOTIFICATION
    FROM THESE SENDERS I can't see MAIL and CALENDAR app to enable that, how to add mail and calendar app to these list of senders?? I think this is the reason why I'm not getting notifications for new emails in action center, in mail app notifications are enable
    for all accounts. Thanks Vladi.

vladimirpavloski, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Can't get notifications in action center from Mail app in windows 10.

I can't get notifications from mail app in action center, I read tutorials about that but I can't get it work, my question is : under settings>>notifications (notification is enable) but under GET NOTIFICATION FROM THESE SENDERS I can't see MAIL and CALENDAR
    app to enable that, how to add mail and calendar app to these list of senders?? I think this is the reason why I'm not getting notifications for new emails in action center, in mail app notifications are enable for all accounts. Thanks Vladi.

vladimirpavloski, Jul 29, 2015
  4. theGrok Win User

Mail Notification Question

I use Yahoo mail and I have the exact same problem. I got absolutely no notifications of any kind. I have notifications enabled in the Mail App. Interestingly, under Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions, there is a section called "Show notifications from these apps". For me, the Mail App does not show up on the list of Apps despite the fact that they are enabled within the app itself. Is Mail there for you under that setting?

theGrok, Jul 29, 2015
  5. kostul88 Win User
    The same problem!
    Neither Google, neither OutLook account send notification.
    I have button for mail app in notification settings, but it does nothing.
    Sometimes few last mails shown in Action center, but only after much time, when they probably already where seen by me.
    If the MailApp is active and you send mail to yourself, it received it almost on-line, very fast. You don't need to push sync button.
    So it`s probably have a good connections with the servers, but why it can just show notification?

kostul88, Aug 1, 2015
  6. I get the same, outlook and gmail

one thing I have noticed, although not looked too much into it, if you look at the built in calendar app (mail and calendar are linked) there is an option for working hours, mine defaults to 9am to 5pm, if I receive an email outside these hours I never get a notification

not sure if its related, just something I came across while looking at this problem

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
  7. kostul88 Win User
    Just tried. Still nothing...

kostul88, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Mail Notification Question

my only other possible thought is it is somehow related to Cortana and quiet hours

Cortana seems broken for me at the moment and cannot access it to check the settings

EDIT: got Cortana working and don't see any options there

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
  9. kostul88 Win User
    Do YOU receive any notification to Action Center at all?
    If you do, from what apps or services?

kostul88, Aug 1, 2015
  10. I do get them, but they seem very random

I have had twitter, feedback, calendar and some emails notifications, but I cant rely on them, I see the notifications on phone immediately, but win 10 is hit and miss

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
  11. kostul88 Win User
    Ok, it seems I understand.
    Microsoft still don't know what users need))
    Probably it`s because no one in Microsoft really works on Windows PC. There is no other explanation, why they release Win OS in 2015 without basic functionality. Without ability to stay connected to the world and just receive mails!!!))) OMG!
    At least it`s work smooth....

kostul88, Aug 1, 2015
  12. just done a test

with mail open, I have just sent various emails from my phone to my accounts, notifications all received
    with mail closed I get nothing

this is how it works with outlook (part of office), it has to be open for norifications

I assumed mail would run in the background as it did in 8, perhaps this is not the case with 10

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Mail Notification Question

as far as I can see, with mail app open all notifications are working fine

all mail ones coming through now, also had a calendar and a facebook notification, so these apps send notifications without app being open, just seems to be mail that needs to be open to get notified of mails

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
  14. kostul88 Win User
    Just tried, still nothing))
    Some random notification for old mail but new mails makes no sound or pop up...

ok, anyway thanks!

kostul88, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Got mine to work eventually, this is what I did

From options within mail, turn notifications off then back on again (do this for all accounts)
    Under notifications is System Settings, toggle notifications Off then On again
    Under default Apps in System Settings make another app your default mail handler, then put it back to the Mail App

Not sure which one of the above fixed it, but after doing them my notifications are now working as expected, even with mail closed

paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Mail Notification Question

1. Mail Notification Question - Similar Threads - Mail Notification Question

2. Mail notifications are incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail notifications are incorrect: Just recently, I've noticed my mail app icon says I have 7 unread messages. I don't have any unread messages and have selected unread messages, tried removal from the task bar, clicked on my messages, etc. I can't get the notification to go away or decrease. submitted by...
  3. mail notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail notifications: how do I turn off new mail notifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications/7b300845-cce7-4a6d-b1ca-de7083ead358
  4. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  5. g mail notifications

g mail notifications: every 15 minutes i get a pop saying my g mail account settings are a problem...........its making me nuts!!!!!!! ive updated I HATE THIS MICROSOFT .........can any help me??? thanks!...
  6. Mail notifications

Mail notifications: I want to turn on mail notifications, I already configured the settings inside the app, but was unable to turn them on in Notifications & Actions settings, because I'm not allowed to press the button: Does anybody know how to change that?...
  7. Mail app notifications.

Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  8. Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Notification: I have two email accounts linked to the Windows 10 mail app. The pop up notification for one of them has a delete button and the other has an archive button. How can I get the second one to have the delete button in the notification? They both had it at one point and now the...
  9. mail question

in Browsers and Email
    mail question: I just upgraded to win 10 last night , but in order to use Cortana it says I must have a Microsoft account so when I stated creating my Microsoft account I got to the point where is asked me to change my e-mail to microsofts mail , does that mean that I would no longer get...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...