Windows 10: Mail notification sound doesn't play

Discus and support Mail notification sound doesn't play in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm running Wn10 and I would like to change some sounds. I'm running a background theme. I have downloaded a Wav file (thefreesite.com), added this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SirRickie, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SirRickie Win User

Mail notification sound doesn't play

I'm running Wn10 and I would like to change some sounds. I'm running a background theme. I have downloaded a Wav file (thefreesite.com), added this file in a sound scheme (mail notification), tested it, saved it as modified scheme, but the sound doesn't play at all (when mail arrives). Is it perhaps not possible to play downloaded Wav files in a sound scheme ?

:)

SirRickie, Aug 30, 2015

2. No notification sound in mail on lumia 550.

My Lumia 550 will not make a sound when I receive an Email.

It is set to play sound in: Outlook Mail/Settings/Notifications.

It is set to make notification sound in: Settings/Personalisation/Sounds/App sounds/Outlook mail.

Other than that there doesn't seem to be anything I am missing. Notification sounds are working for receiving texts & Watsapp.

Please help.

Tim Gosling, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Mail app doesn't show notifications at all.

Hello! Mail app doesn't show notification banners, doesn't play sound and doesn't show notifications in action center when new mail arrives. In options notifications are on.

Mail notification sound doesn't play [​IMG]

Mail notification sound doesn't play [​IMG]

DmitryChirkov, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

In the Mail app>settings>options you need to make sure play a sound is ticked- for each account.

Cliff S, Aug 30, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    I have these ticked and still no new email notification sound...

elbeasto, Sep 2, 2015
  6. SirRickie Win User
    This is the way I solved it : Settings - System - Notifications etc. - scrolled down to Show notifications from these apps - click on Mail (the button was set in position ON) -> Changed Show notification banners to ON (it was set to off for some reason) and everything started working, sounds and banners

SirRickie, Sep 2, 2015
  7. elbeasto Win User
    oddly enough, I turned on my PC this morning and the notifications worked.
    I'd like to just have the sound and not the banner though as they will minimise any game you're playing at the time.

elbeasto, Sep 3, 2015
  8. SirRickie Win User

In email app, under settings, options, at the bottom, you can choose between banner and/or sound.

SirRickie, Sep 3, 2015
  9. elbeasto Win User
    hmm sound not working again...

elbeasto, Sep 11, 2015
  10. elbeasto Win User
    This thread should really be marked as not solved.

elbeasto, Sep 12, 2015
  11. SirRickie Win User
    Ok, unsolved. I still have problems too with the nofifications. I receive them randomly, one day it works fine, the other day no notifications at all. You cannot rely on it. Also when the screen goes off (not in sleep), no notifications are sent (I solved this by activating a screensaver). Also the live tile is not working properly : number of mails not correct, messages on tile disappear after approx 15 minutes. And so on. The mail app on Wn 8.1 worked fine though.
    I guess we have to wait for a MS update. I wonder if there exists another great mail app with a live tile and notifications which you can rely on for 100% (as on my Android Phone).

SirRickie, Sep 12, 2015
  12. elbeasto Win User
    Works randomly for me too.

I solved it by installing Live Mail, no banners or live tile (no will there ever be) but at least I know when I have mail. Plus the interface is just so much better on a desktop ala Windows Photo Viewer. *Biggrin

I just can't understand how something so simple doesn't work regarding email notifications.

elbeasto, Sep 12, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Works for me on both machines. Maybe something to do with settings or upgrade(with left overs in the registry) vs. clean install.

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  14. elbeasto Win User
    I did a clean install and I've checked my settings, they're correct.
    Plus there's others experiencing the same issue so I'm inclined to think it's a bug rather than something at my end.

elbeasto, Sep 12, 2015
  15. Quite a few mentions of mail notifications not working properly (including mine), if I leave mail running then they seem fine, so to me it looks like something crashing in the background stopping it

Have seen a few reports that a clean install doesn't fix it (though not tried myself to verify)

Hoping for a fix in the big update that is coming sooooon

paulsalter, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Mail notification sound doesn't play - Similar Threads - Mail notification sound

2. When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound: I changed my sound scheme on my Windows 11 laptop. When i get a notification, it doesn't play a soundI tried to run SFC file checker it didn't help...
  3. When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound: I changed my sound scheme on my Windows 11 laptop. When i get a notification, it doesn't play a soundI tried to run SFC file checker it didn't help...
  4. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail new mail notification sound: I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings...
  5. Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears: Title. When I am working with focus assist activated, I will get notification sounds and have no idea why they are occurring. It is very annoying and I either want the sounds to stop or I want to know what I am being notified about. Just hearing the noise is more distracting...
  6. Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound: So, I've set the custom sound in the Sounds control panel and turned on ALL the options in Mail >Settings > Notifications. It will either NOT play ANY sound, or it defaults to the default Windows Notification sound. The sound I'm trying to set as email notification is the...
  7. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  8. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  9. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042
  10. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726