Windows 10: Mail notification sound doesn't play

Discus and support Mail notification sound doesn't play in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; can they both be run together? currently just running the license validation one only also any idea why the WSTask has never run (well it says last... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SirRickie, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Mail notification sound doesn't play

Yes you can run them at the same time. About WST I don't know, a lot of the properties info is hidden. Waa it somehow disabled on your machine, and needed to be enabled?

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015

2. not aware of it ever been disabled (not something I ever did)

both are running now, so could be a while before they finish

If something like this fixes the issue it has made my weekend *Smile

paulsalter, Sep 12, 2015
  3. I am keeping my fingers crossed

might have to wait till the morning to see, going for some tv in 20mins, so will just leave them to run if not finished

paulsalter, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Ah go watch the Sunday night movie*Smile and check it out during the commercials. Also under Action is Refresh to refresh the scheduler screen, sometimes it's done but you don't see it.

Mail notification sound doesn't play [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Did a refresh and both have finished

Last run results for License Validation are (0x0)
    and for wstask are (0x80070002)

not sure if that's an error number, will see how things go

paulsalter, Sep 12, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I get errors too for wstask sometimes the one you have and sometimes this:

Mail notification sound doesn't play [​IMG]

It's nothing to worry about, like most errors in Win10, usually time outs or one time error that fixed itself. It still fixed some problems like tiles not updating and such.

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  7. going for tv now

will leave my machine on and see what happens

notifications usually die off after leaving machine so will see what happens

will update tomorrow on status

paulsalter, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Mail notification sound doesn't play

Unfortunately this didn't fix it for me

I had notifications after first booting up this morning, but then left my pc for a while and when I came back they had stopped

paulsalter, Sep 13, 2015
  9. SirRickie Win User
    It's a pity. I will also give it a try to run both tasks. You never know. I guess running these tasks could do no harm. *Sad

SirRickie, Sep 13, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Oh well it was still worth a try. I have been having a problem with a different live tile, lately, but still get notifications. This notification system can be, a bit, hit & miss on some apps. Although the notifications you don't really need or want, always pop out.

Cliff S, Sep 14, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Harm? No. Any Good? That's another story*chuckle

Cliff S, Sep 14, 2015
  12. Not sure if this, or a recent upgrade has fixed things

I have left mail and my machine running for about the last 40 hours without a restart, I have received notifications for every email received
    This worked mostly before, but over night it would stop working, this morning was the first time I have had the action centre full of new mail notifications

Anyone else seeing an improvement with the notifications?

paulsalter, Sep 15, 2015
  13. SirRickie Win User

No improvements for me. Notifications arrive now and then. Also in the live tile and in the notification centre, the notifications disappear after a few minutes (this is not the intention). I've tried several things, but nothing helps. I don't use an outlook account (I use a Gmail and an Imap client), but I wonder if only an outlook account would be present in the mail app, if then everything is working fine.
    Btw : the mail app isn't updated I guess. Is there a way to check if an app is updated and what the update brings ? I know that in the Store you can click on "check on updates", but is that the way to update an app ? If you don't click on it, are the apps not updated then. I thought these app-updates came automatically ?

SirRickie, Sep 15, 2015
  14. elbeasto Win User
    I've gone from getting random notifications to absolutely none.
    They worked intermittently with an MS account but now not at all with a local account.

There isn't even any indication on the tile, I guess the live tile isn't working for Mail either now.

EDIT: okay I just got a 180MB update for Mail & Calendar and it's been working since.
    But I had to go back into settings, the update turned notifications off again.
    The Live Tile also now works. *Smile

Now that I've posted this it will probably stop working again. *Tongue

elbeasto, Sep 17, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Latest version 17.6208.42001.0. if you're not using a metered connection and have "update apps automatically" in the Store App>settings turned on they will update so.

Yup, that usually happens to me, but the other way around, I complain or ask for help, as soon as I hit Post Quick Reply-- it fixes itself*Shock

Cliff S, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Mail notification sound doesn't play - Similar Threads - Mail notification sound

2. When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound: I changed my sound scheme on my Windows 11 laptop. When i get a notification, it doesn't play a soundI tried to run SFC file checker it didn't help...
  3. When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound: I changed my sound scheme on my Windows 11 laptop. When i get a notification, it doesn't play a soundI tried to run SFC file checker it didn't help...
  4. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail new mail notification sound: I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings...
  5. Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears: Title. When I am working with focus assist activated, I will get notification sounds and have no idea why they are occurring. It is very annoying and I either want the sounds to stop or I want to know what I am being notified about. Just hearing the noise is more distracting...
  6. Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound: So, I've set the custom sound in the Sounds control panel and turned on ALL the options in Mail >Settings > Notifications. It will either NOT play ANY sound, or it defaults to the default Windows Notification sound. The sound I'm trying to set as email notification is the...
  7. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  8. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  9. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042
  10. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726