Windows 10: Mail notification sound doesn't play

Discus and support Mail notification sound doesn't play in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am curious if the preview build 10547 will solve all problems in the mail app. What are the improvements in this app ? Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SirRickie, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SirRickie Win User

Mail notification sound doesn't play

I am curious if the preview build 10547 will solve all problems in the mail app. What are the improvements in this app ?

SirRickie, Sep 19, 2015
  2. elbeasto Win User

Has there been any progress with this?

I haven't had a Mail notification in ages.
    There's only the action centre note but no sound or banner.

elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015
  3. I have given up on the Action Centre for now, its too unreliable, I get nothing at all from mail now either and other apps give a random notification

If the upcoming update in November doesn't fix things I will probably just turn the feature off (I could clean install but to many apps to install/configure)

paulsalter, Sep 28, 2015
  4. elbeasto Win User

Understandable - such a seemingly simple thing too.

elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Just trying something new, not sure if these issues are linked

After a while as well as mail notifications dying, Cortana stops working and I have to end task in task manager to get it working

I have now turned off Cortana, so will see if this makes any difference over the net couple of days

paulsalter, Sep 28, 2015
  6. elbeasto Win User
    Think I'm just going to go back to Live Mail, no banner but at least there's a sound.

elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015
  7. SirRickie Win User
    Same here, no improvements and not reliable. All my hope is in the coming update. What a shame that MS made such a mess of one of the most important apps. I have the feeling that this app is made between two lunches in.

SirRickie, Sep 28, 2015
  8. elbeasto Win User

Plus the Mail app can't open a .eml file, i.e. a saved email file.
    I needed to do this today which made me realise that it couldn't do it...

If you need another email client to open .eml files what's the point in having the Mail app at all?

I can only guess it's because it's designed for mobile devices with no thought for desktop users.
    Or perhaps they're trying to steer people toward web mail - I dunno.

But yeah, the Mail app is really poor, very disappointing.

elbeasto, Sep 28, 2015
  9. SirRickie Win User
    Today I received an update of the email app. I now have version 17.6224.42281.0. Not checked it thoroughly, but it seems like a lot has changed. I will soon find out if notification problem (amongst other problems) has been solved.

SirRickie, Sep 29, 2015
  10. Got that update also this morning

Notifications still broken for me

paulsalter, Sep 29, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I don't have your guys problem, of them not showing, I got the problem that they ALWAYS DO*Eek!
    Last night I kept getting notifications from a thread I follow in the Microsoft Community. It's been dead for quite a while, and yesterday it jumped to life. Two members started arguing with one another(like here in the forums sometime), and every time I'd get the notification from the Mail app*Think. Ok, I can turn the mails from the thread off, but I want to get the questions or comments, without having to check all the time there.

So basically, in a round-a-bout-way, I'm saying, be careful of what you wish*Smile.

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2015
  12. elbeasto Win User
    I actually got 4 notifications with sound and banners when I booted up tonight...
    Like yay - but I wish it would do it all the time.

In the mean time I checked out some alternatives like Mailbird, em mail, and another that I can't remember the name of.

Mailbird seems promising and em was good too but em was so comparable to Live Mail that you might as well just use that.

I only used Mailbird for a short while but it's going for a cross platform design like Mail app.
    The free version lacks some features that the paid versions have so there's that but you get them for a 30 day trial period.

With all that said I can't remember if they worked with notifications *Biggrin

When uTorrent finishes a download I get a banner and a sound! *Cool

elbeasto, Sep 29, 2015
  13. SirRickie Win User

Do you really receive all notifications ? You don't miss a single one ? I almost can't believe it. *Eek

SirRickie, Sep 29, 2015
  14. elbeasto Win User
    Yeah upload proof to youtube or it didn't happen!

elbeasto, Sep 29, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Oh yeah, last night I was creating some Windows themes with color registry files to upload and that damn pop-out on the side kept getting in the way of notepad...

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Mail notification sound doesn't play - Similar Threads - Mail notification sound

2. When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound: I changed my sound scheme on my Windows 11 laptop. When i get a notification, it doesn't play a soundI tried to run SFC file checker it didn't help...
  3. When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i get a notification on Windows 11 it doesn't play a sound: I changed my sound scheme on my Windows 11 laptop. When i get a notification, it doesn't play a soundI tried to run SFC file checker it didn't help...
  4. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail new mail notification sound: I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings...
  5. Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears: Title. When I am working with focus assist activated, I will get notification sounds and have no idea why they are occurring. It is very annoying and I either want the sounds to stop or I want to know what I am being notified about. Just hearing the noise is more distracting...
  6. Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound: So, I've set the custom sound in the Sounds control panel and turned on ALL the options in Mail >Settings > Notifications. It will either NOT play ANY sound, or it defaults to the default Windows Notification sound. The sound I'm trying to set as email notification is the...
  7. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  8. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  9. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042
  10. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726