Windows 10: Mail opens for seconds

Discus and support Mail opens for seconds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Mail stays open for seconds only . Only last month. Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack29, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Jack29 Win User

Mail opens for seconds

Mail stays open for seconds only . Only last month. Win 10.

:)

Jack29, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail opens for seconds :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 4, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail opens for seconds

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Mail opens for seconds

1. Mail opens for seconds - Similar Threads - Mail opens seconds

2. Mail and Calendar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar not opening: The mail and calendar app is not opening in my Windows 11. It doesnt have issue before but after performing registry change and went back to the date prior it started a new issue. I hope that I made the system restore right but now I am more concern about my Mail and Calendar...
  3. Mail and Calendar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar not opening: The mail and calendar app is not opening in my Windows 11. It doesnt have issue before but after performing registry change and went back to the date prior it started a new issue. I hope that I made the system restore right but now I am more concern about my Mail and Calendar...
  4. Mail will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail will not open: Windows 10 ver 19042.631 Hi All So... booted up the computer this morning went to Mail, and it just flikered on screen and failled to open. I have spent most of the day trying to fix this, Event viewer say this whenever i try to run mail: The server...
  5. Can't open mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open mail: Why can't I open my mail? Have had nothing but trouble since Edge invaded my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-mail/1ae04697-6ae3-420e-8352-152399d01be7
  6. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  7. Backspace opens mail

Backspace opens mail: When I click on Backspace, instead of deleting, the mail appears. How to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backspace-opens-mail/ff707203-789f-47e6-8def-a07803583f09
  8. Open Mail

Open Mail: How do I open Mail in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-mail/d56dc21a-f773-4e90-8a3e-8923f8f88294
  9. mail doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mail doesn't open: Hi I have a pavilion with windows 10. I cannot open mail or Microsoft store from the task bar. when I put the cursor over the mail icon it highlights but does not open when clicked on. I also tried opening mail by clicking start then clicking the mail app....
  10. windows mail will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows mail will not open: Windows mail will not open. Message says check play store for more info. can't find info on how to open mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-mail-will-not-open/d3371d11-531f-44aa-bf30-f21599f64879