Windows 10: Mail password change issue

Discus and support Mail password change issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveLPG47, Oct 3, 2020.

1. DaveLPG47 Win User

Mail password change issue

I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in circles which is frustrating. Tried various things to no avail.

On my Android phone I use the Outlook app and the ATT account is one of the added accounts. When I changed the ATT password on the phone it worked just fine, but not on my fully up to date Win10 Surface.

I deleted the ATT account from the Win10 mail app and re-added it. Problem remained. I did an app reset from Settings to no avail. I noticed a new update to the Mail app on the Store this morning, so I updated it. Still cannot get the ATT password change to work and again it worked on the phone just fine.

I've spent hours trying to get something that should take seconds to work again. Worked on the phone but not on the Surface.

:)

DaveLPG47, Oct 3, 2020

2. windows mail keeps changing my password to a 16 digit password and my mail won't synch? Please help!

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the Windows Mail app change your password without your permission?
    • Did you get an error message?
    • When did the issue occur?
    We suggest you to change your password right now for security purposes.

Looking forward to your response.

Raymond Ave, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    change password in win10 mail app

Hi,

The steps on how to change your password depend on the service you are using.

To change the password of your Microsoft account which is associated with Office, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

article

You can also check to this
    link
    for information on how to update your password in Mail for Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Mail password change issue

Google Mail Issues

I haven't. I assume you're using strong passwords that aren't susceptible to dictionary attack and that you don't use the same password for your e-mail that you use for other sites.

How to make a strong and easy to remember password.

• Choose your favorite quote. (Ex. We have nothing to fear but fear itself)
    • Use the first letter from each word with alternating case. (Ex. WhNtFbFi)
    • Add your favorite special characters and numbers (Ex. WhNtFbFi&*69)
    • Customize for each website by using the first or last letters of it's name (Ex. TPUWhNtFbFi&*69)
    No that is not even close to my TPU password so don't bother trying *Slap :slap: *Laugh :laugh:

Polaris573, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Mail password change issue

1. Mail password change issue - Similar Threads - Mail password change

2. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  3. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  4. Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app

Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app: I have a yahoo account I use in Windows 10. Yahoo insisted that I change the password but when I go into the mail app on a different computer to update with new password I don't get an option Go into Account and then Settings Manage Accounts but the only thing I can...
  5. Auto password change in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto password change in Mail: Hi I'm setting up a new desktop Win10, and I have 6 accounts running via Mail. 5 are a mix of Gmail and Outlook and they work fine, the 6th however is an IMAP account which no matter how many times I install/uninstall/reinstall the password is always changed to a 16-digit...
  6. Cant change my mail app password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change my mail app password: Hi, I added an account to the mail app but i accidentally used the wrong password. I have tried everything to recover it and change it. I have reset the app, I have deleted the app and started again but the account remained, and I can not find the password in the web...
  7. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Windows 10 mail changes my password: It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity. Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app password issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app password issues: Windows 10 Mail app keeps asking me for a password for my Gmail account that I added to months ago, it started doing it this week. the weird thing is that the account is fine and the app is having no issue with retrieving my mail for this gmail account. so I don't know why...
  9. Change password with no access to my primarey mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change password with no access to my primarey mail: Hello, Im logged into my skype account but I dont have access to my primary email the one that I use to enter my skype. I want to change my password but the password was lost thanks to dashlane service, what can I do, right now i just can access in windows and chrome to my...
  10. Mail Password

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Password: mail keep changing my password to 16 digites. using pop/smtp mail account (sprcturm email) 117150