Windows 10: Mail Program and 'Extra' Addresses

Discus and support Mail Program and 'Extra' Addresses in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When using Windows 10 mail to create a new email, if I start to type a person's name in the To: bar, I get offered selections which are not in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by steveal, May 28, 2017.

1. steveal Win User

Mail Program and 'Extra' Addresses

When using Windows 10 mail to create a new email, if I start to type a person's name in the To: bar, I get offered selections which are not in my People contact app.

For example: an email to my brother Paul, I type PA and as well as getting his current email address, I get old email addresses which were deleted from my computer months ago (I assumed!).
    If I access the People app, the old addresses do not exist.

Can anyone help?

:)

steveal, May 28, 2017

2. Please fix Nokia Mail powered by Yahoo

The Nokia Mail powered by Yahoo causes browser error messages (in computer with IE), because it does not have program for httpss protocoll... I.E It looks that someone has entered there by accident such a link that have one extra S in the
    https address.

So, would you please fix that.

Juoni---01, May 28, 2017
  3. Used an invaild email account when I set up Windows 10 to download picutures

Hi

I had a similar issue.

I set up a Microsoft account with an Invalid E-Mail address. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) (Note extra t)

I can still however get into my computer with this invalid e-mail (The password works ok) but when I go to the micrsoft account website, it says it needs to verify the e-mail address and it sends a code, but I can access that e-mail address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    because it is invalid.

Sylvia Kilpatrick

sylviakilpatrick, May 28, 2017
  4. Mail Program and 'Extra' Addresses

Hi steveal. Welcome to the TenForums @steveal

Welcome to world where your friends friends must be your friends. Basically these addresses are email address that have appeared in email that are sent to you. Some people call them harvested addresses or collected addresses.

You didn't mention what base service you are using for mail. In gmail there is still a setting to only offer up email addresses that are in your contact list. You used to be able to do this is outlook.com as per this link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-829b0a6acc8b

Not sure if this annoying behavior would go away if you disable in base service, where available. I see no way to stop the behavior in the people app. You can filter which account your contacts are displayed from but nothing about not showing "Collected" addresses.

In outlook.com when it shows addresses you don't want if you hover over them an "X" appears allowing you to delete. (Until the next joke email with 30 email address on it)

Personally I don't like the way MS is combining address from different accounts into one super address box and I want control of my address book. I have them separated for a reason. Guess I'm outlier.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 29, 2017
  5. steveal Win User
    steveal, May 29, 2017
  6. Agree. In Outlook for the PC (Office Outlook 2016) you can clear cached addresses. In web / app version you don't seem to be able. So the idea of hovering over and clicking the X should work. The collecting still occurs and so your list becomes polluted again with unwanted addresses.

Caledon Ken, May 29, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    I don't have a solution as I also get some odd address suggestions from somewhere, some I have never used ever.

However you can change method, click on the Account+ Icon on the right then that will give you only Contacts in your People App.

Helmut, May 29, 2017
  8. steveal Win User

Helmut,

Yes using the icon gives a 'clean' contact list (all the more annoying), but it's inefficient for only one or two addressees.

steveal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail Program and 'Extra' Addresses - Similar Threads - Mail Program 'Extra'

2. address book, mail list manager, data program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book, mail list manager, data program: I've been using MY MAIL LIST program to store my customers and contacts. It allows me to filter and sort according to fields that I fill in and give info on various groups in my total list. It's been good for mailing labels, but has never been very good for sending...
  3. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  4. (Program Req) extra system tray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Program Req) extra system tray: I have a lot of programs in my system tray. I want to better organize them. Windows doesn't seem to have a way to add a second tray, unsurprisingly, but I figure there's a 3rd party program that can do something close to what I want. submitted by /u/Battezu [link]...
  5. E-mail address that 'request for extra screen time' goes to is incorrect.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    E-mail address that 'request for extra screen time' goes to is incorrect.: Somehow I messed something up when setting up Microsoft Family. My child's requests are being sent to my old g-mail account. I want them to go to my current outlook.com account. For the life of me, I cannot find where that setting is. Any advice is appreciated....
  6. why extra anti virus programs needed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why extra anti virus programs needed?: I am running windows 10. It has a default windows defender. But I want to know is it needed extra anti-virus programs. If it is needed, But why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-extra-anti-virus-programs-needed/5591a59c-08dd-4a12-b2fb-8adb2ccb9797
  7. Mail program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail program: Not sure if I am asking this question in the right area. Using version 1909. In the past, in the mail program (hotmail) I would open an email. Within that email there would be a link. If i clicked on that link it would open my browser window (firefox) on top of my mail...
  8. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...
  9. Mail Server Address

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Server Address: I am trying to add a new email address to my Outlook email server. I tried to install it automatically but it keeps asking for my mail server. How do I find out what my mail server is. I have Windows 10, Office 365, Outlook 2016. any help would be appreciated 25283
  10. Address Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Address Programs: I currently use Google for my address/phone number program as it will sync with my android devices- tablets and phone. However, it is so slow when working with it using Windows 10. Any advise on how to make it work better? Also, are there other Address/Phone number...