Windows 10: Mail program will not download messages

Discus and support Mail program will not download messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Initially I could not get Mail to work at all. I followed Microsoft recommendations and deleted the App and downloaded it again from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DougErickson2, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Mail program will not download messages

Initially I could not get Mail to work at all. I followed Microsoft recommendations and deleted the App and downloaded it again from the Microsoft store. I got the emails showing up with my internet provider but it says to download message and pics.

I have tried all recommendations that Microsoft suggests like checking my Mail settings, etc.

I still can not get my email to show. I just downloaded the latest version of windows last night as well.

Here is an example of how the email begins:

----boundary_85e8e729f88442b5b3a3b16a79fcf016--

Thank you for your time.

:)

DougErickson2, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail program will not download messages :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Mail program will not download messages

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Mail program will not download messages

1. Mail program will not download messages - Similar Threads - Mail program download

2. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server: Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs...
  3. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server: Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs...
  4. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Import mail messages

Import mail messages: How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mail-messages/58c592b6-4676-48e9-9330-a3524096ea30
  6. Mail error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail error message: I am unable to send emails. I get this message from Windows. What is the problem? How do I fix it? It's very annoying! Using Outlook for Mail on PC We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can...
  7. Mail program

Mail program: Not sure if I am asking this question in the right area. Using version 1909. In the past, in the mail program (hotmail) I would open an email. Within that email there would be a link. If i clicked on that link it would open my browser window (firefox) on top of my mail...
  8. Windows 10 Mail takes ages to download messages

Windows 10 Mail takes ages to download messages: Why does it take ages for the Windows 10 Mail program to download messages? Initially only headers are downloaded but then a considerable time elapses before the message text appears. Can anything be done to speed up the process?...
  9. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.: E-Mail states "To download the message: Click here. Press Space." - DOES NOT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail-e-mail-states-windows-live-mail/c8130e6d-8935-468d-b2ce-b0b6baa7bb10
  10. Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Client with Downloaded Messages and Password Encryption: I'm looking for a mail client that encrypts not only my mail ids and passwords but also downloaded messages. Possibly with mail-to-mail end encryption. It would be even better if the application was open-source. Is there anything like that or is it too much for my...