Windows 10: Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

Discus and support Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, If I were to add a email address to the Mail app on Windows 10 Creators Update, would I be able to remove it from the Mail app and not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Computer Chicken, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

Hello,

If I were to add a email address to the Mail app on Windows 10 Creators Update, would I be able to remove it from the Mail app and not permanently delete the email address? I don't want to accidentally delete my Google email address from existence. Does just removing the email from the Mail app, just remove it from the Mail app or deletes the email for good?

:)

Computer Chicken, Apr 10, 2017
  2. LIRJ2B Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Changes Prefred Outlook Address

This does not seem to address the issue I am having. It seems that the mail app that came with Windows 10 is changing is automatically changing the the email address for the account I have added .

Example:

If I add *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, the app automatically changes the email address it to the alias *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

LIRJ2B, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Duplicate mail folders.

Yes. I set up my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Windows 10 Mail. Windows 10 Mail automatically labeled the account like this:

Outlook

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** "Folders" it lists the following sub-folders:

Outbox

Inbox

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Draft

Junk

Notes

Sent

Trash

I did not add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to this hierarchy. The system did it automatically.

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not a Microsoft account. It is my mail account at my ISP, Cox, and it is my primary mail account. This was the first account I set up in Windows 10 Mail. When I later added
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to Windows 10 Mail it also set up
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** again like I explained above. I don’t want to see
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** under avkarl@hotmail. I want to see it only once among all my 5 Windows 10 Mail accounts.

I hope these explanations help.

Thank you for your efforts.

Karl Neumann, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Phone Man Win User

Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

Removing the account from the Mail app will not affect the account on Google or MS Outlook servers.
    Its like deleting a bookmark on a browser.
    Now if you delete or move an individual e-mail, when it syncs with the host it will update the server.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

1. Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses - Similar Threads - Mail Question Adding

2. Adding Email address to Tablet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Email address to Tablet.: I have added my outlook email to my tablet but when I try to add my hotmail address it becomes the 'other ' opposite to focused in my Outlook address, which does not contain my actual hotmail emails.. The problem is my actual Hotmail has totally different content as I use...
  3. Adding Email address to Tablet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Email address to Tablet.: I have added my outlook email to my tablet but when I try to add my hotmail address it becomes the 'other ' opposite to focused in my Outlook address, which does not contain my actual hotmail emails.. The problem is my actual Hotmail has totally different content as I use...
  4. Adding a second email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a second email address: I have my own email and on just one desktop computer, I need to have a second address for husband to receive emails. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-second-email-address/7f05c7c2-31eb-4611-b8cc-a3b6bd886144
  5. Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi. Using Windows 10 Mail but has recently started to send emails with strange From addess. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I managed amazingly! to track this address down under the Sync email settings under outlook.live.com I have made sure it is NOT the...
  6. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  7. comfirm my accounts e mail address///*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Customization
    comfirm my accounts e mail address///*** Email address is removed for privacy ***: cannot e file my irs filing. kicks me out say my e mail account not verified. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comfirm-my-accounts-e-mail-address/723cc3c9-2369-4e8b-a8da-5bc401bacba8
  8. Adding email address to Outlook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding email address to Outlook: I have been successfully using Outlook in Office 365 for all my email accounts for many years. Suddenly last Wednesday Outlook stopped downloading email from my Hotmail account. I am being told I have to use Windows Hello to sign on to my Hotmail account. My computer does...
  9. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  10. remove email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove email address: how do i remove an old email address from my previous employer. i dont have access since im no longer working there and don't remember the password Moved from: Microsoft Education /Windows 10 /Windows Hello, lock screen, & sign-in...