Windows 10: mail question

Discus and support mail question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just upgraded to win 10 last night , but in order to use Cortana it says I must have a Microsoft account so when I stated creating my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by calvin, Aug 12, 2015.

1. calvin Win User

mail question

I just upgraded to win 10 last night , but in order to use Cortana it says I must have a Microsoft account
    so when I stated creating my Microsoft account I got to the point where is asked me to change my e-mail to microsofts mail , does that mean that I would no longer get my yahoo mail and would I have an entirely new e-mail address ? ..for example: would I have to tell all my friend that my new e-mail is now bob@hotmail .com ?

:)

calvin, Aug 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Aug 12, 2015
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Mail App Questions

Got it.

Thanks,

James

JamesJoey, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

mail question

I think you're misunderstanding something. You do not have to use MS's mail system for a Microsoft Account.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  5. calvin Win User
    so would I still have my yahoo mail ? and simply get it thru Microsoft ?

calvin, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    No. A Microsoft account is not the same thing as an email account. You get a Microsoft account when you create an email account with Microsoft's email services, but you don't have to have a Microsoft email accoiunt to get a Microsoft account.

You would continue to get your email through Yahoo. Although you can connect the mail app to Yahoo if you wanted to.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  7. A Microsoft account is a Single Sign On (SSO) account that lets you use all MS services with one login.

The MS account is associated with an eMail address. You can use any existing eMail address to create an MS account, you don't have to create a new one.

You 'link' the eMail address to the MS account and create a password for the MS account. This does not affect the existing eMail account. eMail still goes to the original mail server and you still download messages the same way you always have.

You use your eMail address and the MS account password to sign in to MS services.

Create a Microsoft account

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mail question

1. mail question - Similar Threads - mail question

2. Windows 10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts" question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts" question: So when launching the win 10 mail, it shows that "we couldnt access your contacts, please check your contacts privacy settings to make sure you've given access to mail and calendar", how do i stop this from saying it EVERY singel time i launch the program? I have no one in...
  3. Windows Mail Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail Questions: Hello Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 and I have the Windows Mail app with an Outlook email address. I have the following questions: -I would like to send an email to many recipients using Bcc at a specific time (1 AM). Is this possible? -How can I add an...
  4. Windows 10 mail linked emails question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail linked emails question: Windows 10 pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 So this only started a few months back, all my emails disappeared and in the mail program, all it showed was Email 1 (4 accounts) Email 2 (2 accounts) and so on... So i was able to figure out how to split them back up...
  5. I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other...

I have the same question about Windows 10 Mail app that seems to be plaguing so many other...: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...
  6. Mail app set up questions...

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app set up questions...: ...new to the Mail app - Windows 10 Insider build 16241 Pro x64 Have used Outlook for years as my email client, very happy with it. A few days ago it stopped being able to send, but could receive. I checked with my ISP, COX Communications, the tech and I tried all sorts of...
  7. Windows Live mail question???

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail question???: I'm running Windows 10 and have been using Windows Live Mail for the last year or so. Had a system crash and had to do a clean install of Windows 10. Now of course Windows live mail will not re install since it's now an obsolete program. I'm working with Windows 10 mail...
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar Question: Is this working properly for anyone in this forum? I have tried and tried and tried to get it to work properly without success. I get it all set up and I can't seem to receive incoming mail. Outgoing mail works properly and If I use another mail service like Thunderbird or...
  9. Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Question - Adding and Removing Email Addresses: Hello, If I were to add a email address to the Mail app on Windows 10 Creators Update, would I be able to remove it from the Mail app and not permanently delete the email address? I don't want to accidentally delete my Google email address from existence. Does just...
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....