Windows 10: mail question

Discus and support mail question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just upgraded to win 10 last night , but in order to use Cortana it says I must have a Microsoft account so when I stated creating my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by calvin, Aug 12, 2015.

1. calvin Win User

mail question

I just upgraded to win 10 last night , but in order to use Cortana it says I must have a Microsoft account
    so when I stated creating my Microsoft account I got to the point where is asked me to change my e-mail to microsofts mail , does that mean that I would no longer get my yahoo mail and would I have an entirely new e-mail address ? ..for example: would I have to tell all my friend that my new e-mail is now bob@hotmail .com ?

:)

calvin, Aug 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Aug 12, 2015
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Mail App Questions

Got it.

Thanks,

James

JamesJoey, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

mail question

I think you're misunderstanding something. You do not have to use MS's mail system for a Microsoft Account.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  5. calvin Win User
    so would I still have my yahoo mail ? and simply get it thru Microsoft ?

calvin, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    No. A Microsoft account is not the same thing as an email account. You get a Microsoft account when you create an email account with Microsoft's email services, but you don't have to have a Microsoft email accoiunt to get a Microsoft account.

You would continue to get your email through Yahoo. Although you can connect the mail app to Yahoo if you wanted to.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  7. A Microsoft account is a Single Sign On (SSO) account that lets you use all MS services with one login.

The MS account is associated with an eMail address. You can use any existing eMail address to create an MS account, you don't have to create a new one.

You 'link' the eMail address to the MS account and create a password for the MS account. This does not affect the existing eMail account. eMail still goes to the original mail server and you still download messages the same way you always have.

You use your eMail address and the MS account password to sign in to MS services.

Create a Microsoft account

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mail question

1. mail question - Similar Threads - mail question

2. Mail for Windows question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail for Windows question: When I write an email message the "from" line shows my email address. However, when I send the message it appears to come from my son's email address. We share a computer. I'm not sure why his name is appearing in the "from" line once my message is sent.I have checked my...
  3. Mail for Windows question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail for Windows question: When I write an email message the "from" line shows my email address. However, when I send the message it appears to come from my son's email address. We share a computer. I'm not sure why his name is appearing in the "from" line once my message is sent.I have checked my...
  4. Mail for Windows question

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hello question 1 not seeing junk folder :how to block/stop junk/phishing mail? ;How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello question 1 not seeing junk folder :how to block/stop junk/phishing mail? ;How to...: Hello question1 I am not seeing any junk folder. Senders always aske to check there on non-receipt of theirs 2 how to stop/block and report the junk and phishing and repetitive mails 3 How to contact some over the phone as we are not comfortable and hard to comprehend Thanks...
  6. Hello question 1 not seeing junk folder :how to block/stop junk/phishing mail? ;How to...

Hello question 1 not seeing junk folder :how to block/stop junk/phishing mail? ;How to...: Hello question1 I am not seeing any junk folder. Senders always aske to check there on non-receipt of theirs 2 how to stop/block and report the junk and phishing and repetitive mails 3 How to contact some over the phone as we are not comfortable and hard to comprehend Thanks...
  7. whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically: I have a very weird issue. Whenever I click Question Mark ? on the Keyboard Keypad, the MAIL app from Microsoft pops up. First I thought I may have mistakenly assigned it as a shortcut key for MAIL but I can't find it to undo it. So I just did reset to default settings and it...
  8. whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically: I have a very weird issue. Whenever I click Question Mark ? on the Keyboard Keypad, the MAIL app from Microsoft pops up. First I thought I may have mistakenly assigned it as a shortcut key for MAIL but I can't find it to undo it. So I just did reset to default settings and it...
  9. whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically

10. Win 10 Mail App Question

Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...