Windows 10: Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

Discus and support Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In my sendto folder I have this: "C:\Users\garys\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Mail Recipient.MAPIMail". When I bring up the Send To context... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by streetwolf, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

In my sendto folder I have this: "C:\Users\garys\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Mail Recipient.MAPIMail". When I bring up the Send To context menu Mail Recipient is missing. If I click on the 'shortcut' itself in my sendto folder it opens up my email client, Thunderbird, with the 'shortcut' as an attachment. So the functionality works but no 'shortcut' on the context menu.

I've tried everything I found regarding this issue to no avail. I also fired up a VM and that worked fine. Even copied over my sendtos from my VM to my production machine with no luck.

How can I make Mail Recipient appear on the Send To context menu short of a refresh?

:)

streetwolf, Jul 6, 2016

2. "Send to Mail Recipient" Context Menu command does not work

It does indeed happen to other types, such as .pdf and .docx. I have made no changes (other than Windows updates) prior to this problem showing up as this Windows 10 computer as it is a new computer. I can, however, send to email via the share function
    in the Windows 10 photo viewer, but this option does not provide for resizing the file like the Send to Email Recipient function did.

PatrickFinnMD, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    "Send to Mail Recipient" Context Menu command does not work

Hi Patrick,

We would like to know more about this concern to better assist you.

• Is it also happening to other file formats?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

We are looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

This is worth a try. I don't use Thunderbird, so wherever you see 'Windows Live Mail' in the screencaps, select 'Thunderbird' instead on your system.

Control Panel->Programs->Default Programs->Set your default programs.
    Now click on Thunderbird in the left pane, then click Choose defaults for this program on the right.

Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu. [​IMG]

Next check that all associations, including the Mail To protocol and MAPI Send Mail are ticked. If they aren't, tick them and save.

Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu. [​IMG]

Hope this works for you!

bigbadsteve, Jul 6, 2016
  5. I already have it set this way. I don't think it's a mail problem per se. As I said, if I click on the mail entry in my sendto folder it opens up TB with the file as an attachment. The problem as I see it is why isn't my sendto mail entry showing up in the sendto context menu when I right click on a file?

streetwolf, Jul 6, 2016
  6. In case you haven't fixed the problem yet...

I was able to duplicate the exact symptoms of your problem by setting the attribute of Mail recipient.mapiMAIL
    (in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo).

I forget whether I set it to +S or +H (it was a few days ago, I had to scare up time to write this reply).

So try checking the attributes of that file.

Then check its Permissions and Take Ownership if necessary (could well be an issue if you've copied Mail recipient.mapiMAIL from another installation).

Also, here's the associated line in Desktop.ini in that folder:
    Mail Recipient.MAPIMail=@sendmail.dll,-4
    To edit Desktop.ini (if necessary) you'll probably need to remove its HS attributes and reset them after editing.

Thunderbird must be set as your default e-mail client for this to work.

If all that fails, try checking out this webpage. It's dated and for the portable version but the Registry entries discussed are probably still substantially relevant:
    VISTA: make portable thunderbird default mail client (please no lectures here) | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

If all that fails maybe call in an exorcist. Good luck!

bigbadsteve, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu.

1. Mail Recipient does not show up in Send To context menu. - Similar Threads - Mail Recipient does

2. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  3. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  4. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  5. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  6. "Send to mail recipient" problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Send to mail recipient" problem!: I use Windows 10. The “send to email recipient” always worked perfectly until Microsoft performed an update a couple of months ago.I have tried every suggestion on the internet and none have worked. Thunderbird is selected as my default email program. Outlook is my...
  7. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  8. Send to mail recipient not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send to mail recipient not working: I use the "send to mail recipient" in the past by highlighting files, right click and selecting "send to mail recipient". An email would open in outlook with the files as attachments. When I do this now file explorer closes and no email is created. I have windows 10 and use...
  9. No "send to mail recipient" context submenu

in Browsers and Email
    No "send to mail recipient" context submenu: I do have the "Send to" context menu entry in windows explorer but there's only Bluetooth Device listed (and I even have this turned off, go figure). There is no E-Mail Recipient like it used to in my previous Windows installation. I've tried the 7/8 Forums recommendations...
  10. Send To Mail Recipient Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Send To Mail Recipient Issues: At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mail Recipient.MAPIMail=@sendmail.dll 4