Windows 10: mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update

Discus and support mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; What I say above. It seems tp have no effect at at all when I click update. But whenever I run mail it claims that the app needs to be updated and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HarrySmall1, Aug 17, 2020.

1. mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update

What I say above. It seems tp have no effect at at all when I click update. But whenever I run mail it claims that the app needs to be updated and sends me to the store.

I have checked that Windows 10 is up to date.

Thanks!

:)

HarrySmall1, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 17, 2020
  3. bo elam Win User
    Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store

Done. Mine is fixed. The steps I took earlier, must of done the trick. mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update :)

mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update [​IMG]

Bo

bo elam, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update

1. mail says it needs updating but when I go to the store it will not update - Similar Threads - mail says needs

2. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  3. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  4. When I go to update, Windows says there are updates, and then says no updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I go to update, Windows says there are updates, and then says no updates.: I'm a Windows Insider for Windows 11. When I go to check updates today, first Windows says I have updates, and a split second later it says there are no updates. I run the update troubleshooter...and it does nothing, like 99% of Windows "troubleshooters." I do the DISM...
  5. When I go to update, Windows says there are updates, and then says no updates.

When I go to update, Windows says there are updates, and then says no updates.: I'm a Windows Insider for Windows 11. When I go to check updates today, first Windows says I have updates, and a split second later it says there are no updates. I run the update troubleshooter...and it does nothing, like 99% of Windows "troubleshooters." I do the DISM...
  6. Cannot update Onenote and it says "needs repair" in Microsoft store update.

Cannot update Onenote and it says "needs repair" in Microsoft store update.: I cannot update Onenote in windows 10 pro. Whenever I try to update it, it gives an error and shows "it needs repair" in the download and update section in Microsoft store....
  7. Windows update notification wont go away says it needs to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update notification wont go away says it needs to update: Windows update notification will not go awway doesnt shut down my pc right and it keeps asking me to restart to update ive done it twice but its still there no update was installed just one from last month i thought files were corrupted so ran sfc /scannow on cmd it said it...
  8. Windows go nuts when need to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows go nuts when need to update: This is just a simple question, about a thing that i see for a long time, in lots of computers since windows 10. The this is: Why windows became nuts when an update is ready to install? This is what happens to me, not all at the same time, but usually most of the...
  9. mail settings "need updating" but wont update

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail settings "need updating" but wont update: My mail setting say need updating- I follow the prompts to update, get the tick of approval that it is don't successfully but it doesn't change anything. How do I change what ever needs to be changed to I can get emails? Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating: I am trying to login to my yahoo email with the Window 10 app. After I enter my details in it says "Your Yahoo account settings are out of date" and asks me to re-enter my password. I logged into my account from my web browser with the exact same password and it works fine....