Windows 10: mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail

Discus and support mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail in Cortana to solve the problem; Entering "mail" into the search window bottom left corner windows 10 my GF's laptop brings up the icloud mail app which immediately asks to create an... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Joseph Stateson, Jun 7, 2020.

1. mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail

Entering "mail" into the search window bottom left corner windows 10 my GF's laptop brings up the icloud mail app which immediately asks to create an account. my GF and I do not use icloud mail and and want windows 10 mail to be found.

we use icloud for its "find my iphone" so I assume it mail app got installed.

I dragged the windows 10 mail icon onto to the tasks bar from the windows program list but would like to remove it from the search feature.

thanks for looking

:)

Joseph Stateson, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Hitman Win User
    E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Jun 7, 2020
  4. techbuzz Win User

mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail

Windows Mail

Is it possible to set up more than one email account when using Windows Mail? I hate Thunderbird because I could never get more than one email account set up and be able to send mail from both accounts. The outgoing servers kept on getting mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

techbuzz, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail

1. mail search brings up icloud mail instead of windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - mail search brings

2. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud mail set up on win10 mail: HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up box ? I know I am putting in the correct unto date details , with the iCloud account I have set up and tried a App password...
  3. Mail app not searching mail body

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not searching mail body: Title says it all - I've experienced this for quite some time now. I can recreate it by highlighing the email I'm looking for then searching for a phrase inside the content of the emal ... search finds nothing. Is there a fix that isn't "use another mail app" ? submitted by...
  4. Windows 10 mail search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail search: Hi, When I search for an email using the online facility, a list of related emails appears. However when I select the email I would like to open, it opens and closes immediately and then all the other emails that were available in the search open and close automatically. So...
  5. Windows 10 Mail opens mail stored on computer as a viewer instead of inside the Mail program

Windows 10 Mail opens mail stored on computer as a viewer instead of inside the Mail program: Okay, this question is WAY below your level of greatness, but please bear with me... I have old eml files on my desktop and spread out in various folders. Before I got rid of Outlook, then emClient email, my system worked great to store files in my computer's various...
  6. icloud mail

icloud mail: Icloud settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail/e173aa3c-35c1-463b-85f1-98182ab910e3
  7. iCloud mail on Windows PC

iCloud mail on Windows PC: I can't get iCloud mail to open on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail-on-windows-pc/3d8f57b2-289a-42da-8ea1-e6c2c0273e13
  8. Icloud mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icloud mail disappearing: I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and icloud mail. When I send mail, it seems they get sent, but are never received by the persons they are addressed to. No error, no bounce.. they just disappear......
  9. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  10. Unable to send or receive mail from my iCloud Mail Account in Windows 10 Mail

Unable to send or receive mail from my iCloud Mail Account in Windows 10 Mail: HI there I have recently bought a new NUC PC and am experiencing Windows 10 for the first time. I am a long term Apple user, and have a current iCloud account which I want to use. I have followed the instructions for setting up the account, but can neither send or receive...