Windows 10: Mail Server Address

Discus and support Mail Server Address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to add a new email address to my Outlook email server. I tried to install it automatically but it keeps asking for my mail server. How do I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RSplaine, Oct 5, 2015.

1. RSplaine Win User

Mail Server Address

I am trying to add a new email address to my Outlook email server. I tried to install it automatically but it keeps asking for my mail server. How do I find out what my mail server is. I have Windows 10, Office 365, Outlook 2016.

any help would be appreciated

:)

RSplaine, Oct 5, 2015
  2. hadimassa Win User

E63 strange email problem

Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com"

Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Message Edited by on 18-Aug-2009 06:17 PM

hadimassa, Oct 5, 2015
  3. E-mail settings on a 6101

I need to set up my 6101 to operate with a business e-mail address rather than an ISP supplied address. I have managed to set up the incoming e-mail server address (POP server) and can download e-mails but I'm having trouble setting up the outgoing server
    (SMTP server).

I have the server address (I use a talktalk account and the server address is smtp.talktalk.net) but I'm not sure what the SMTP username and password is all about. I've tried my talktalk account email address and password but this doesn't work.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards

peebee---01, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Mail Server Address

Is the new address being provided by your ISP/Internet Service Provider? Or are you using Online/Webmail such as Outlook.com, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.?

Berton, Oct 5, 2015
  5. DavidE Win User
    Does Office 365/Outlook 2016 have an Outlook email server ?
    I use MS Office 2010, and use the MS Office client program Outlook 2010 in W10 and W7.
    I don't have an Outlook email server.
    Maybe things are different in Office 365/Outlook 2016 ?

Post a screen print of the error message.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

I might be able to help if you need server addresses for setting up an Outlook.com email address in an Outlook client program.
    I can't help if you have an Outlook email server.

DavidE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail Server Address

1. Mail Server Address - Similar Threads - Mail Server Address

2. Server name or address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server name or address: Help please find discovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-name-or-address/20f60a90-6ec4-4ae9-a288-5e8252bc4d5d
  3. In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.: I'm trying to add a VPN to my Windows 10 settings. First, I'm unsure if I need to add it. My VPN is Mullvad v, 2022.2 If the answer is yes, add the VPN, then where do I find the server name and address? As it's - Mullvad - a worldwide VPN service, how do I add an address and...
  4. In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.: I'm trying to add a VPN to my Windows 10 settings. First, I'm unsure if I need to add it. My VPN is Mullvad v, 2022.2 If the answer is yes, add the VPN, then where do I find the server name and address? As it's - Mullvad - a worldwide VPN service, how do I add an address and...
  5. In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address: Hello I have two email accounts set up for work purposes only. One is IMAP, the other one Exchange. The IMAP is syncing no problem. The Exchange email has stopped syncing my older SENT emails. Settings are correct and option to sync mail from any time is checked. This...
  7. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  8. VPN Server name and address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Server name and address: where do I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server-name-and-address/a90156a2-8945-4978-be7c-3862eda8dae2
  9. my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?: Where do I look to find out the name of my incoming mail server and my outgoing mail server STMP? I new to this computer stuff, please help....
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...