Windows 10: mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail

Discus and support mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cant add my gmail account to the windows mail due to this error please tell me how to solve it [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by parulyadav, Apr 26, 2019.

1. mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail

I cant add my gmail account to the windows mail due to this error please tell me how to solve it

mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail 2c8014cf-2e9b-49dd-a89c-cec7f6dbb1ed?upload=true.png

:)

parulyadav, Apr 26, 2019
  2. tbdriver Win User

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Apr 26, 2019
  3. peerv Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Apr 26, 2019
  4. mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail

gmail account added but can't sync mails

I am using the windows 10 mail app. My hotmail account is working fine on the app. I have added my gmail account also to the mail app but it is not able to sync any of the mails .It shows the error , 'Were having a problem downloading messages. error :0x80072726'

I am also not able to send any mails from my gmail account through the app. This problem was also there in windows 8.1

AbhiGupta13004, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail

1. mail shows error code 0x000000b while adding a gmail account to the windows mail - Similar Threads - mail shows error

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GMail account in MAIL showing incorrect name.: I have added a g mail account to my Mail app and it seems to be working well sending and receiving except for one minor problem. When i send emails from this account, it shows up in the recipient's inbox as coming from a completely different name even though the email address...
  5. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  6. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  7. error code 80004005 while adding a mail account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    error code 80004005 while adding a mail account: error code 80004005 while adding a new mail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-80004005-while-adding-a-mail-account/a9b002fc-3e6d-4bb1-b8cd-b2feb3bdb3e9"
  8. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  9. Mail and Calendar : Adding mail account gives error code 0x8000000b

Mail and Calendar : Adding mail account gives error code 0x8000000b: Hi, I am trying to connect my university mail on the Mail and Calendar but to no success. It is giving me and error 0x8000000b. I tried many different solutions to no avail, such as resetting Mail and Calendar, uninstalling and installing again, using a command in command...
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code when adding a googlemail account

2. error code 0x000000b

3. windows error when adding gmail account

4. windows phone error 0x000000b add gmail contact,
  5. windows mail error loading gmail,
  6. error code 0x000000b window 10 mail setup,
  7. error codes while adding email account,
  8. gmail code erreur 0x000000b,
  9. mail error code 0x000000b,
  10. I have reset the computer but mail will not load. error code 0x000000b,
  11. windows error code 0x000000b,