Windows 10: Mail - Shows someone else's name

Discus and support Mail - Shows someone else's name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About a year ago, I took over an account for an organization and sync that Gmail account with my mail account on windows. The previous handler of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CD333, Nov 19, 2019.

1. CD333 Win User

Mail - Shows someone else's name

About a year ago, I took over an account for an organization and sync that Gmail account with my mail account on windows. The previous handler of the account added their name to it. I no longer have that account.

However, since adding it, my OTHER accounts will show up with that previous email's name. Whenever I email someone, no matter what account I use, the previous person's name will display. I have struggled resolving this issue.

I've tried multiple times to go through my settings to change the name, but this other person's name persists.

Thank you for any help!

:)

CD333, Nov 19, 2019

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Chaply Win User
    Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one.

This has to be People app related, right?

***Modified title from: People app***

Chaply, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail - Shows someone else's name :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Mail - Shows someone else's name - Similar Threads - Mail Shows someone

2. How can someone stop mail with die people name on it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can someone stop mail with die people name on it?: I keep getting mail with my brothers name. He die from 2001? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-someone-stop-mail-with-die-people-name-on/2a013670-2748-4d79-bf7e-dc023c2d368d
  3. Unrecognisable characters in file names from someone else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unrecognisable characters in file names from someone else: HelloI've received a number of jpg files from a friend living in Hong Kong and none of the file names can be displayed correctly. I think my friend also uses a Mac. I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2. It can display simplified Chinese with no issue. I have tried to add...
  4. Unrecognisable characters in file names from someone else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unrecognisable characters in file names from someone else: HelloI've received a number of jpg files from a friend living in Hong Kong and none of the file names can be displayed correctly. I think my friend also uses a Mac. I'm using Windows 11 Home 22H2. It can display simplified Chinese with no issue. I have tried to add...
  5. Login Page has someone else's name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Page has someone else's name: I tried to sign on to my account and there is someone elses name Eric Torbeck, I have changed my password and and pin 2 times and it still has his name on there what can I do and is this a big problem ?...
  6. W10 mail shows someone else's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 mail shows someone else's account: My sister called me with a problem. She has w10 mail to pull in her outlook. Com mail but always uses outlook. Com online instead. She clicked on an email link in a web site and it opened w10 mail but in the From field it shows someone else's name. She says the account name...
  7. Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else’s emails showing on envelope icon: White envelope icon on my home screen shows my husbands emails not mine. How could this be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-elses-emails-showing-on-envelope-icon/53db5277-c7c9-4f6c-b0c2-fa8a06cb056c"
  8. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  9. Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device list shows an unknown device and someone else’s picture: on my devices list, i see my devcie and sommeone elses. When i go to magage the kiat i only see mine. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-list-shows-an-unknown-device-and-someone/3b0ce94a-e090-420c-a039-8fc56619cc2f
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...