Windows 10: Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to....

Discus and support Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a complete Windows crash a couple weeks ago, and started with a fresh install with a new SSD drive. But now, my Windows Mail (and other various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hunterdust, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to....

I had a complete Windows crash a couple weeks ago, and started with a fresh install with a new SSD drive. But now, my Windows Mail (and other various Microsoft mail programs...going all the way back to Windows Live Mail 2009) will not do spell check properly. I don't care about spell checking before sending the mail. That I believe still works. But it no longer allows me to right click on the red underlined word to bring up the suggesting proper spellings. The red underlines are still there, but no suggestions come up on right click. I have the right dictionary installed and selected by default. And it obviously is checking against that dictionary since it is still underlining. Auto-correct of certain common misspellings also works fine.

NOTE: I just figured out that it sort of still works..but not the way it should, or used to. I can get it to work, but only if I highlight the entire message first. After that, any underlined word will bring up spelling suggestions with right click. But that is really annoying to have to do that. And if I don't do it, it will not work as it should. Is there some setting that I missed on this. This new revelation suggests that it might be a setting or something. I don't see how it could be broken in such a strange way.

EDIT: I have since noticed some even stranger behavior. I can just highlight ANY word in my e-mail and then the spell check works as it is supposed to. Even if the word I highlight isn't misspelled. However, I must highlight it by clicking and dragging. Double clicking on a work to highlight it does not work. So now I am completely stumped. That makes absolutely no sense. Even more Microsoft desperately trying to delude themselves into thinking that they are still relevant in the mobile market.

:)

hunterdust, Oct 16, 2018

2. Spell check not working in mail app

Hi.... done and spell check still not working!!! giving up on this will remove app and not use, very frustrating!!! any suggestions for a descent mail app that clean and easy to use?

Louise (live.com#lmcmiken16), Oct 16, 2018
  3. Spell check

Hello David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to perform spell check. I would like to know that is the issue specific to some application or with all application.

If you are facing issue with the Office application then I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling and grammar

If issue is occurring while sending mail message then refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling in a Windows Mail message

Note: The article is for Windows Vista but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to....

Spell Check Not Working ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue particular to Mail app?
    • Have you installed all pending updates?
    From your issue description I understand that you need to turn on the Spell check feature in windows mail app.
    Follow the steps below to Turn on the spell check in Settings.

1. Type Settings.

2. Click on Device.

3. Select typing.

4. Turn ON autocorrect misspelled word.

5. Turn ON highlight misspelled word.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to....

1. Mail spell check not working as it is supposed to.... - Similar Threads - Mail spell check

2. spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  3. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  4. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  6. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  7. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  8. Spell check not working in reply.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Spell check not working in reply.: Using Office 2010 and Windows 1903. When replying to an email spelling errors comes up underlined. A right click instead of offering the correct work comes up with signatures. Now the perceived wisdom seems to be that you edit signatures and put -- above the signature and...
  9. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  10. Spell Check Enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Check Enabled but not working: Hi. Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of Gmail and my other Web Email it doesn't highlight errors as it finds them. I checked the registry and both are enabled there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My spell check is not working when I write email?

2. spell check not working in hotmail