Windows 10: MAIL stopped sync

Discus and support MAIL stopped sync in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason MAIL has stopped sync. I do not get any emails.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Haim V.Levy, Aug 22, 2020.

1. MAIL stopped sync

For some reason MAIL has stopped sync. I do not get any emails.

:)

Haim V.Levy, Aug 22, 2020
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. hyrule Win User
    How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my gmail with windows 10 mail so new mails appear in notifications area. I've added my account to sync and mails are coming in but my problem is that it also syncs gmail's social mails. How can i stop social mails from appearing in notification area?

hyrule, Aug 22, 2020
  4. MAIL stopped sync

0x86000c0a - Sync Error in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This problem may appear when mail app fails to sync with the email server. If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working.

Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App, follow the steps below to change mail app sync settings.

• On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.
    • Click on “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”.
    • Click on your email account from the list of accounts.
    • Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.

I would also suggest you to refer the article: “To sync a folder” given under the section “Why aren't I seeing messages I expect to see?” from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/mail-app-faq

If the issue with the Mail App still persists, I would suggest you to remove the email account and then add it again to the Mail App and check if the issue still persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

MAIL stopped sync

1. MAIL stopped sync - Similar Threads - MAIL stopped sync

2. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail not syncing: Since early April my Microsoft mail won't sync with my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me my password is out of date. I changed the password & it still won't work. How can this be fixed?...
  3. Mail Sync

Mail Sync: I have been using windows 10 mail to access my ATT email via yahoo for several years. I utilize this on 2 devices 1: laptop and 2: desktop. The other day when I tried to sync on the desktop it says there is a problem and going through the fix it asks to update the password....
  4. Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Mail/Calendar app stopped syncing with Gmail: About moth ago in the end of april my Win10 Mail/Calendar apps stopped syncing with my Gmail account. I checked on my other laptop, which is the same laptop with same software installedWin10,McAffe, except some games, and here Gmail is syncing ok. So why it stopped on the...
  5. windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday

windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday: windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail monday 4/6/20. I have uninstalled mail and reinstalled it, tried with pop and imap server settings. Used att.mai.net, att.yahoo.com, inbound.att.anet, and several others nothing works. Microsoft says to use the yahoo icon in the...
  6. Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.: I use the mail app on windows so I can check all my email accounts in one spot. Today it keeps telling me that there is a problem with my AOL account. It says my AOL settings are out of date. I go to my account through the app and it asks me to type in my password and I do....
  7. Mail sync

Mail sync: Linked to mail accounts, Mail Windows 10 and Gmail I now get duplicate mail, how can i resolve this issue GR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-sync/f12a5d37-8b54-4b1d-ad61-22eb2249f231
  8. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail not syncing: Anyone know how to fix a problem with the email not syncing when using the Mail app? I can sign in through hotmail.com and it works but doesn't sync to the "M" mail app. Thanks....
  9. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  10. How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?: Hi, I'm trying to sync my gmail with windows 10 mail so new mails appear in notifications area. I've added my account to sync and mails are coming in but my problem is that it also syncs gmail's social mails. How can i stop social mails from appearing in notification area?...