Windows 10: Mail stopped working properly, cannot fix account nor add account after reinstall.

Discus and support Mail stopped working properly, cannot fix account nor add account after reinstall. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mail / mail and calendar stopped working properly, it asked me to fix my account but no windows popped up like usual to fix it. When I try I do notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xanek, Apr 17, 2020.

1. /u/Xanek Win User

Mail stopped working properly, cannot fix account nor add account after reinstall.

Mail / mail and calendar stopped working properly, it asked me to fix my account but no windows popped up like usual to fix it.

When I try I do notice a window quickly opening then going away, which I assume is supposed to be to fix the problems with the syncing issues or adding account, but it only appears for a split second then never appears again.

I have tried reinstalling it and resetting it in the apps and features but nothing seems to be doing anything in regards to letting me add a account back.

I'm on the most current update.

I have tried doing

dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0

in command prompt and doesn't fix it.

submitted by /u/Xanek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xanek, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Claw57 Win User

Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, Apr 17, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Advice needed : New e-mail account

To add to this.. Many free services "read" your e-mail to deliver targeted advertising. I put read in quotation marks because it's not that group of popular girls from high school snickering to themselves while they read your e-mail, it's a computer. That computer looks for keywords. If it sees "pool" and "barbeque", you're probably going to get ads for lawn chairs and tiki torches. Maybe your e-mail was "Barbeque the bodies in the pool. We can't have the cops find them." Google doesn't know. Google doesn't care.
    In return for this, you get an incredibly secure e-mail account with zero maintenance.

If you would prefer not to have even Google's computers poke through your messages, you can buy a Google for Work account ($5 a month). Honestly, kind of worth it even for a personal account.

4. Mail stopped working properly, cannot fix account nor add account after reinstall.

Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Mail stopped working properly, cannot fix account nor add account after reinstall.

1. Mail stopped working properly, cannot fix account nor add account after reinstall. - Similar Threads - Mail stopped working

2. Cannot remove nor add users or accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot remove nor add users or accounts: I have an email university account. I was having problems years ago with this account, so I clicked on a link that invited me to also use this same email address as a personal account. This worsened the problem but I couldn't delete the personal account.A couple years ago I...
  3. Cannot remove nor add users or accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove nor add users or accounts: I have an email university account. I was having problems years ago with this account, so I clicked on a link that invited me to also use this same email address as a personal account. This worsened the problem but I couldn't delete the personal account.A couple years ago I...
  4. Cannot remove nor add users or accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  6. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  7. Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account

Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account: AOL Mail stopped receiving emails on 8/4/18. Went to my account - Mail - then tried to click on my AOL Mail account it would not open for me to see if there were any issues. Next I contacted Microsoft Support and they scanned all system files & drivers and was not able...
  8. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  9. No account shown in mail add an account

in Browsers and Email
    No account shown in mail add an account: Hello, I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I currently have no mail account that has been added. I tried to uninstall mail, reinstall it with Microsoft store but this...
  10. Mail app cannot add new account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app cannot add new account: I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I add my Microsoft account email information L: tr*****@msn.com (asterisks inserted here to protect my identity) and type in my...