Windows 10: Mail - windows 10 - getting rid of contacts name i did not put there!!!

Discus and support Mail - windows 10 - getting rid of contacts name i did not put there!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i would very much like to cleans up my contact list by getting rid of contacts name i did not put there!!! Is there a way to do that. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by silvanasp, Nov 9, 2018.

1. silvanasp Win User

Mail - windows 10 - getting rid of contacts name i did not put there!!!

Hi, i would very much like to cleans up my contact list by getting rid of contacts name i did not put there!!!

Is there a way to do that.

Thanks

silvanasp

:)

silvanasp, Nov 9, 2018
  2. daevidd Win User

Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Before someone suggests this as an answer, let me just say that I am aware that the Windows 10 Mail app supposedly gets its contacts from the Windows 10 People app. The People app on my computer has the precise contacts in it that it is supposed to. The problem with the Mail app is this: When I type the first letter of a contact's name, and the menu with a selection of contacts to choose from drops down, it includes contacts that I was able to delete from the People app. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

daevidd, Nov 9, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 9, 2018
  4. GaryB0125 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail - windows 10 - getting rid of contacts name i did not put there!!! - Similar Threads - Mail getting rid

2. Sysmon Installation Confusion- Did I Get Rid of It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysmon Installation Confusion- Did I Get Rid of It?: I decided to download Sysmon from here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysmon and I extracted the files into my Downloads path, just like I did with Rammap a couple months agoinside the folder was a EULA, Sysmon, Sysmon64, and Sysmon64a with the...
  3. Sysmon Installation Confusion- Did I Get Rid of It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysmon Installation Confusion- Did I Get Rid of It?: I decided to download Sysmon from here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysmon and I extracted the files into my Downloads path, just like I did with Rammap a couple months agoinside the folder was a EULA, Sysmon, Sysmon64, and Sysmon64a with the...
  4. Sysmon Installation Confusion- Did I Get Rid of It?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Mail Contacts

Windows 10 Mail Contacts: I have imported a CSV contacts list into Outlook.com via live.com in Windows 10. Following this, the Windows Mail & Calendar App has been installed. The full list of contacts appears in ‘People’ in the mail App. When preparing a new email and typing ‘Peter’ only two...
  6. Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  7. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail contacts: How do I delete/edit contacts stored in Windows 10 mail. They are different to those in my People https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contacts/7dd5ad8f-036d-4fb4-8a71-905d120ab48c"
  8. Windows 10 mail contacts

Windows 10 mail contacts: I am trying to change my list of contacts in Windows 10 mail to those from another computer. I made a csv file of the new ones and imported that in to Outlook .com. My People app and Contacts folder now contain the desired new ones. However in Widows 10 mail when trying to...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contacts: How do I delete a contact in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-mail-contacts/0e514654-705e-4aa8-be25-5eb04b782bdb
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In: In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?. 36552

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove contacts from choose contacts list widows 10