Windows 10: Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.

Discus and support Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says. Is there a way to turn on folders syncing so that when a rule moves an unread message to a folder it appears in the Mail client?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by onthefritz5860, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.

As the title says.

Is there a way to turn on folders syncing so that when a rule moves an unread message to a folder it appears in the Mail client?

For example, when I look at my email within the browser I can the Junk folder has 2 unread emails in it. When I look at the Mail client that comes with Windows 10 the Junk folder does NOT have the 2 next to it. Once I click into the Junk folder however the 2 shows up. How do I setup the Mail client so that the 2 shows up without me needing to click into the folder.

:)

onthefritz5860, Aug 8, 2020

2. email display of unread messages

Hi,

There's a possibility that your unread emails could be saved in one of the subfolders in your inbox. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest checking and expanding all subfolders in your inbox and see if there are unread messages. If there are no unread
    messages, then Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to help us determine and address the problem.

In case the problem persists, we suggest that you refresh your email notification by turning off/on the email notifications in Windows 10 Mail app. Here's how:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the page, then select
      Options.
    • In the top drop-down menu, select the email account where unread messages show up and scroll down to the Notifications settings.
    • Turn off/on the Notification.
    • Close the Windows 10 Mail app, then relaunch it.

Let us know how it goes so we can further look into the issue.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2020
  4. mbratch Win User

Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.

Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account, and when I access via the web, there's no unread mail shown there either.

However, when I click on the account and I am looking under Folders, the Inbox items has a "1" indicating there's one unread mail note. I can't find any unread mail in the Inbox. I've closed the program and restarted it, and tried resyncing, but the indicator is still there.

Any ideas on where this "phantom" unread count comes from?

mbratch, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.

1. Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them. - Similar Threads - Mail showing unread

2. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  3. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  4. Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count: I have Office 365, and use Outlook.com as the mail server. I normally prefer to use Windows 10 Mail as my local mail application.In the Windows 10 Mail local application, my Junk folder always shows the total number of read and unread messages, even if there are no unread...
  5. Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count

Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count: I have Office 365, and use Outlook.com as the mail server. I normally prefer to use Windows 10 Mail as my local mail application.In the Windows 10 Mail local application, my Junk folder always shows the total number of read and unread messages, even if there are no unread...
  6. Phantom unread message in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phantom unread message in windows mail: Go to "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\" Then backup et delete hxdxxxxx.xxx files. That's work for me...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...

Windows 10 Mail app not showing number of unread emails in a folder unless I click on the...: I have over 50 folders set up in my hotmail account, along with many filters that direct incoming emails into those folders so that they only appear there and not in the main inbox, allowing me to easily see at a glance what the topics of new emails are (and thus make a...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message: I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread message available. However, all messages have been retrieved and read. I had this problem before, quite some time ago, and...
  9. folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    folder pane in outlook mail is unreadable: How do I reset the left side column marked "folder's" which seems to be covered over and I can not read my folder titles? My inbox is ok and my emails I can read but not the folders? 88777
  10. Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message: I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account,...