Windows 10: Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004

Discus and support Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Before I upgraded this Win10 version to ver 2004, whenever I added an email account regardless own domain, Gmail, etc, i only needed to enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dellzy, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Dellzy Win User

Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004

Hello,

Before I upgraded this Win10 version to ver 2004, whenever I added an email account regardless own domain, Gmail, etc, i only needed to enter the password ONCE only and it will be "SAVED" in the mail client in my PC. I knew this because I didn't need to keep on entering for password for each account everytime I login to Windows.

However, unfortunately, eversince I upgraded to version 2004, despite of my excitement to see that we can now adjust the color of the cursor, now I'm facing the hassles to keep on having to enter my password for EACH email account EVERYTIME i open my mail client.

Mail Windows program will keep prompting me with an alert "Attention required" at the end of the email account name and when we click it, a long banner will pop-up at the top of the app which shows "Your <email account name> account settings are out of date" followed by the hyperlink "Learn More" and at the end of the banner shows 2 action buttons whether to Fix Account or Dismiss.

Whenever I click Fix Account, the Windows Mail client dialog box will prompt me for email password and each time I entered, it will always be the SAME & CORRECT password... and no checkbox option to save the password locally, which made me assume that this made me keep on having this dialog box popping up!

I have read many times on the reasons why I keep getting this pop-up dialog box in "Learn More" site but none of the reason is applicable. I totally disagree about having password wrongly entered and the rest of the reasons are not relevant at all.

Since I have more than 10 email accounts to maintain, it really is ridiculous to have me keep on entering each... and this is not only asked only when you are logging in to Windows after restart... this will also happens EACH TIME I login to Windows after the screen locked out even my Mail client was still open at that time! and also happen EACH TIME when I open the mail client.

Please, please, please fix this ASAP.

:)

Dellzy, Aug 11, 2020
  2. JohnMauro Win User

eliminate password in ver. 2004

NETPLWIZ.EXE doesn't work in ver. 2004 to eliminate password

JohnMauro, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    Vista upgrade and outlook/windows mail

After upgrading from XP to Vista, Windows mail knows my email address but will not log in with my username and password. Why is that? I googled already. I got it everywhere.

nvm -slaps self in forehead- It wanted the domain.

Delete post please.

Lazzer408, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004

update from 1909 to 2004

I had ver 2004 on my compter when it started stopping and starting on its own so i uninstalled 2004 today my computer offered me ver 2004 but during the update it says unalbe to update your computer

this computer can't be upgraded to ver 2004 any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

D. KeithPlummer, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004

1. Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004 - Similar Threads - Mail keep popping

2. Segurazo keeps popping out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Segurazo keeps popping out: Segurazo keeps popping on my screen, how can I get rid of it? It is so annoying, it always direct me to a different page. I dont know if its the right forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/segurazo-keeps-popping-out/9665da61-f38a-4037-90ee-10bb82445535
  3. Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords: I have a client that has an older computer with version 2004 on it. Every time the computer is restarted, is erases every password in the browsers Chrome and Edge and the Windows Mail program. I have verified that there is no setting selected that is telling the system to...
  4. Can't upgrade to ver. 2004 (May Update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't upgrade to ver. 2004 (May Update): It's been several months since 2004 has been released, yet my Windows Update doesn't download it and says it's up to date. I'm stuck on ver. 1909. Anyone has any ideas? If it helps I have Windows 10 Pro. submitted by /u/1Slain [link] [comments]...
  5. Update ver 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ver 2004: Cant get past 82% Is it going to be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-ver-2004/27360b53-d395-4c71-9169-a292969c7e00
  6. Tversity not visible since 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tversity not visible since 2004 upgrade: I've used Tversity media server (free version 3.8) for many years and it's always behaved and done exactly what I've wanted. I'm well aware it's old and hasn't been updated for 5 or so years, but it does what I want, and that is to stream videos from my PC (Win 10 2004...
  7. Browsers forget passwords since 2004 update

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers forget passwords since 2004 update: Issue is the subject line. Since recently allowing my computer to install 2004, my browsers, primarily Opera and Vivaldi, tend to not remember passwords to commonly used sites. These are just generic sites like dpreview that I visit every day. I retype my passwords, they seem...
  8. windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Mail app is not displaying sent body text, or newly sent items since Win10 ver 2004: When an email is sent using Mail since upgrading to Win 10 ver 2004, Mail is not showing sent items, or displaying body text of previously sent items. This is with Gmail accounts, Hotmail seems OK. The app has been both reset and re-installed, with no change....
  9. eliminate password in ver. 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    eliminate password in ver. 2004: NETPLWIZ.EXE doesn't work in ver. 2004 to eliminate password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eliminate-password-in-ver-2004/afd6bc95-ec0a-4586-a7af-31026c29807d
  10. Stuck With Ver 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck With Ver 2004: Hey everyone i was trying to downgrade back to 1909 via the media creation tool but the only option i got is "nothing" so i was wandering is there anyway around this ? [ATTACH]...