Windows 10: Mail

Discus and support Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello all, I apologize if this is out of place...I am a Win 7 user (used to use the Win7 forum all the time) but my wife uses Win 10 pro on a new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DWFII, Apr 5, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

Mail

Hello all,

I apologize if this is out of place...I am a Win 7 user (used to use the Win7 forum all the time) but my wife uses Win 10 pro on a new touch screen laptop.

For some reason, on her laptop, Mozilla Thunderbird is not saving emails that have been downloaded or downloading all the emails that are stored on the server. This despite the fact that she is using the same account, via a shared wifi connection, with the self-same settings in both iterations of Thunderbird.

Would prefer to stay with TB but I can't find the problem.

As a result I am looking at alternatives.

My question: Is it possible to install Mail without installing Office 365 (or whatever it is)? So that it runs stand-alone.

thanks...

:)

DWFII, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Mail

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Mail

1. Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Error Message: "Cannot turn off Word until the Sent Mail command is finished." I

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message: "Cannot turn off Word until the Sent Mail command is finished." I: Word says I cannot turn off Word until the "Send Mail" is finished. I have no idea where the "Sent Mail" command is or how to finish it. any help is appreciated....
  3. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it. I seem to have found a fix... We're in Australia, wife is Thai so she has English & Thai on her PC. I don't read Thai. She wants English as the default, Thai secondary. That is...
  4. Windows 10 totally up to date but Mail still does not work.

Windows 10 totally up to date but Mail still does not work.: Mail does not work at all and yet I get the one and only email daily from Microsoft telling me that I haven't synced my mail since 2017. Ridiculous. It also tells me to go to Settings but the Settings is not the same as the one that the email tells me to go to. So there...
  5. Completely disable autocapitalization in Windows 10 (specifically Mail app).

Completely disable autocapitalization in Windows 10 (specifically Mail app).: Dear community, I would like to know how do I disable autocapitalization in complete Windows 10 operating system. Specifically I am talking about capitalization checking in Windows Mail app but it also applies to Word and other apps in any way connected to Microsoft, thus I...
  6. Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option

Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option: I save my emails to C: drive so I can refer to the email later without having to search for it in my mail software. If I then want to print the email I go to the folder I saved it to and choose to open it in Windows Mail. When I do that, I can read the email but there are...
  7. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete: Hi All, I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of the screen...
  8. outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list

outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list: outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-recently-opened-mail-not-showing-in/65a63681-101a-4c46-9e01-5b1aaa90fa01
  9. outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list

outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list: outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-recently-opened-mail-not-showing-in/cb77cdf5-9e7d-4b66-a381-031cf51b4d9d
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...