Windows 10: mailapp don't know server-adress??

Discus and support mailapp don't know server-adress?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings. I want to try Windows 10 mailapp, but I can't get it to work. I want to try with my Microsoft mail (it is a live.dk domain). When opening... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Burgurne, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

mailapp don't know server-adress??

Greetings.
    I want to try Windows 10 mailapp, but I can't get it to work. I want to try with my Microsoft mail (it is a live.dk domain). When opening the maip-app first it wrote, the the mailserver did not exists. Then I typed in the microsoft mailserver used by Windows live mail program. But that don't work either. I can't find the setting to delete the windows mail-account that does not work.

Please, how do I get this up and running? *Redface I thought that it should be so easy to use a Microsoft app in Microsoft windows with a Microsoft email ... but no!

:)

Burgurne, Dec 17, 2015
  2. ced2 Win User

Windows 10 mail app shows unread deleted emails as read

Not sure about your IMAP question -

We have four email accounts, all are acting the same. Accounts were all created long ago in MSN, all are "...@msn.com". There is one "main" account and three others.

We had been using "Windows Live Mail" for several years. Also occasionally accessing the accounts via Outlook.
    NOW we are using the MAILAPP and Outlook to access them on laptops (one Win10 - with the MAILAPP and Outlook, and the second using Win7 with just Outlook) also occasionally using Outlook on a Samsung tablet and a Kindle.

(Not sure if this matters anymore, since we are moving away from WLM, but the "server information" in WLM shows the "main" account (which is the oldest) has a server url of Web Server's Default Page.... the other three accounts are all newer and
    show Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email... )

When setting up the MAILAPP , we added all four accounts to the Win10 pc.

We are primarily using the MAILAPP and that seems to be the source of the problem, where an unopened/deleted email shows as opened/read once it is the deleted folder. The MAILAPP settings are: "auto-open next item" is OFF, "DON'T automatically mark item
    as read", "automatically download external images..." is OFF, in Conversation - "show preview text" is OFF,

ALSO in the MAILAPP - if I am in one account with an opened email showing in the reading pane, then click "all accounts" and SWITCH TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT, the first email in the NEW account shows in the reading pane. It is "unread", but the entire email shows.
    If this is a "suspicious" email and displays in the reading pane, isn't this a security issue?

3. ced2 Win User
    Unopened emails deleted using Windows 10 Mailapp show as read/opened - security issue

When using Windows 10 Mailapp, deleting an unopened email (because it could be a virus or other security issue) causes the email to show as read/opened in the deleted folder and the "blue bar" on the left is gone. When right-clicking on one of these emails
    in deleted folder, an option is "mark as unread", which indicates the email as been opened/read.

We are concerned that when deleting an unopened email using the Mailapp, the email is automatically opened as well as deleted and a virus/malware could be launched.

Is this function working as designed in the Windows 10 Mailapp? Or is there some other way to delete an unopened email with the Mailapp that will not automatically open it?

4. Burgurne Win User

Nobody knows the adress to Microsofts mailserver for the app??????

Burgurne, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Try these addresses from Ask Leo:
    What are Outlook.coms IMAP, POP3, and SMTP settings? - Ask Leo!

Don't let the app set things up for you - select other account
    more info: Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help - Outlook

Unfortunately I had a similar issue trying to delete the initial account I set up in the Mail app - I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. Deleting the app and removing the associated folders did not remove the account, it must be buried somewhere - maybe up in Outlook.com - not sure

Today is a good day

Slartybart, Dec 18, 2015
  6. Burgurne Win User
    That did not help for my Microsoft account *cry

My gmail account works "out of the box", but the microsoft account don't. The error is "can't syncronize mail account"

Why the f..k can't it just use the info from windows 10 it self!! It is the same email account I use to log into Windows 10. Same emailadress and same password!

Burgurne, Dec 18, 2015
  7. Slartybart, Dec 19, 2015
  8. tracit99 Win User

Check your Privacy Settings for Email. If it is turned off it will not Sync. You may also want to check your Privacy Settings for Calendar as well, if you plan on using the Calendar App. If you sign in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, then you will not be able to delete that account in Mail.

tracit99, Dec 19, 2015
  9. Burgurne Win User
    #6 Ahhh, I had to change the setting 2 places for it to work. I did not know that. Thank you very much, now it is working

Burgurne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. mailapp don't know server-adress?? - Similar Threads - mailapp don't server

2. Different Updates from Server we don't know.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Updates from Server we don't know.: Hello Together,since the end of the last year some of our users get a message from our Proxy that they are trying to access a site that potentially violates the company Internet Acceptable Use Policy because it matches Potentially malicious sites. I can see that in the...
  3. Different Updates from Server we don't know.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different Updates from Server we don't know.: Hello Together,since the end of the last year some of our users get a message from our Proxy that they are trying to access a site that potentially violates the company Internet Acceptable Use Policy because it matches Potentially malicious sites. I can see that in the...
  4. Different Updates from Server we don't know.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Upload Failed - Server storage quota exceeded. I don't understand and don't know how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload Failed - Server storage quota exceeded. I don't understand and don't know how to...: I received this message. Upload Failed - Server storage quota exceeded. I don't understand and don't know how to respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-failed-server-storage-quota-exceeded-i-dont/003e25aa-2100-4521-88d0-08284d400937
  6. Upload Failed - Server storage quota exceeded. I don't understand and don't know how to...

Upload Failed - Server storage quota exceeded. I don't understand and don't know how to...: I received this message. Upload Failed - Server storage quota exceeded. I don't understand and don't know how to respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-failed-server-storage-quota-exceeded-i-dont/003e25aa-2100-4521-88d0-08284d400937
  7. A bug with setting up DNS Server Adresses for Ethernet Adapters

A bug with setting up DNS Server Adresses for Ethernet Adapters: If you use the new modern settings interface to set up your DNS server addresses for your Ethernet adapters, then you have only two options.A preferred and an alternative address. If you instead use the old System Controls Settings menu, you have two options: go to your...
  8. don't know

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    don't know: I have bought ASUS laptop 3 month ago... from last few days I am facing some issues regarding to the keyboard..should be in keyboard...not sure whenever I press some key like... A, S, D and few more...at that time typing words on screen automatically erase whole sentence.....
  9. Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp

Unable to open an attached pdf in the mailapp: We have Adobe set as the preferred PDF handler. When using the mailapp, and trying to open an attached PDF, an error window pops up. Heading is Acrobat Reader, message is: "There was an error opening this document. The requested file operation failed because the storage...
  10. Youtube Server IP adress could not be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube Server IP adress could not be found: whenever I go onto youtube it comes up with a message say this site cant be reached and that the server IP address cannot be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-server-ip-adress-could-not-be-found/df1b7842-ef00-44e4-980f-87659e587cba