Windows 10: Mailing a notebook with lithium battery

Discus and support Mailing a notebook with lithium battery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the best way to mail a notebook with its lithium battery. Sort of confused by latest postal requirements. The pc has a 42wh battery. Can it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by provlima, Apr 24, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

Mailing a notebook with lithium battery

What is the best way to mail a notebook with its lithium battery.
    Sort of confused by latest postal requirements.
    The pc has a 42wh battery. Can it be mailed with the battery intact. Does it get special handling?
    The post office is much cheaper than using UPS or Fedex.
    Any advice would be appreciated...thanks for your help!

:)

provlima, Apr 24, 2017

2. n95..battery life..

I've got to agree with pa49, but chill out a little dude not everbody has your knowlege.

Here's some info from Wikipedia:

Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries should be charged early and often. However, if they are not used for a longer time, they should be brought to a charge level of around 40%. Lithium-ion batteries should never be "deep-cycled" like Ni-Cd batteries.

Lithium-ion batteries should never be depleted to below their minimum voltage, 2.4v to 3.0v.

Li-ion batteries should be kept cool. Ideally they are stored in a refrigerator. Aging will take its toll much faster at high temperatures. The high temperatures found in cars cause lithium-ion batteries to degrade rapidly.

According to one book, lithium-ion batteries should not be frozen (should not be stored below -40 °C), because most lithium-ion battery electrolytes freeze at approximately −40 °C (this is much colder than the lowest temperature reached by household freezers,
    however).

Li-ion batteries should be bought only when needed, because the aging process begins as soon as the battery is manufactured.

When using a notebook computer running from fixed line power over extended periods, the battery should be removed and stored in a cool place so that it is not affected by the heat produced by the computer.

bigbad---01, Apr 24, 2017
  3. strik9 Win User
    n95..battery life..

After 10seconds research I found this:

It is important to learn battery care information for Lithium-ion batteries to enhance the performance and extend the useful life of the battery. Because they are the newest technology batteries, they offer several advantages over NiMH and NiCd batteries. Lithium-ion
    batteries are preferred for their lighter weight and higher performance. Lithium-ion batteries are typically 20-35% lighter and will provide 10-20% better performance than a NiMH battery of equivalent mAh rating. Lithium-ion batteries are also unique in that
    they are not susceptible to the "memory effect".

A new Lithium-ion battery will benefit from an initial "conditioning" of the battery. For the first 3 charge cycles, fully charge the battery overnight and allow it to fully discharge before recharging. Once conditioned, Lithium-ion batteries will perform best
    when charged at a rate somewhere between a conventional slow charge and a rapid charge. When rapid charging, Lithium-ion batteries require a charger designed to charge Lithium batteries. To achieve a true full charge when rapid charging, the battery needs
    to be slow charged the last 10-15% of its charge cycle. Most "intelligent" desktop and Lithium-battery rapid chargers provide this capability. A Lithium-ion battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours).

So it appears that it is better to "condition" these batteries first off!!!

strik9, Apr 24, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2017
  5. I ordered a LIPO battery from Adafruit in the US and they would not ship it by regular post. It had to go by currier. The reason stated was shipping restrictions prevented sending it by regular post. I'd call the post office before you box it up to see if they will even accept it. And if they will, how it has to be boxed up.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mailing a notebook with lithium battery - Similar Threads - Mailing notebook lithium

2. notebook battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notebook battery: hey there, I have a ROG GM501GM gaming note book and since the couple of months i have a problem with my battery. the problem is i cant start my laptop without mine ac adapter so i have to be connected to electricity, but if i turn my laptop on i see that my battery is...
  3. KB4583263 Update for Battery Health Manager on HP Windows 10 notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    KB4583263 Update for Battery Health Manager on HP Windows 10 notebooks: Update to address configuration setting issue within HP Battery Health Manager on select HP business notebooks Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809 all editions, Windows 10 version 1903 all editions, Windows 10 version 1909 all editions, Windows 10 version 2004 all editions...
  4. how to run battery test on hp notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to run battery test on hp notebook: is it possible to run a battery test. while my battery says 60 % it will randomly shut down.. i have been guilty of leaving charger on extended times...
  5. battery not charging on my hp notebook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery not charging on my hp notebook: battery not charging on my hp notebook * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-on-my-hp-notebook/4adafd75-b86a-4df2-b6d1-834bcc403ec2
  6. Notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook: Hi I'm a student and whenever I open up a notebook file from my teacher, it comes up with computer gibberish. I think it could be code, does anyone know whats going on or how to fix it? Thanks Anonymous...
  7. Notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notebook: I created a document in Notebook, saved it under Documents, when I print, it keeps printing a word that is not even visable to me. It prints out with the word and I have done a search for the word, that doesn't find it within the document. How do I delete it?...
  8. Notebook battery not charging when switched on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook battery not charging when switched on: Hi all, I bought a notebook three weeks ago for my wife, specifically a HP 14-an009a. It had Windows 10 pre-installed. It worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, but an issue has cropped up with the battery. When it is turned on and connected to the charger, the battery icon...
  9. Mail app eating battery during standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mail app eating battery during standby: Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Log full of these: [img] HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is there a way to disable it? It cant be deactivated in the background apps... 32901
  10. HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

in Windows 10 News
    HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement: Update January 24th 2017, see: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement On June 14, 2016 HP announced a worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, for certain notebook...