Windows 10: Mails will not get synced properly

Discus and support Mails will not get synced properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, my mails from yahoo and other providers will not get synced properly. I was waiting for some confirmation emails and they just keep sitting in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Speckbieber, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Mails will not get synced properly

Hi,

my mails from yahoo and other providers will not get synced properly.

I was waiting for some confirmation emails and they just keep sitting in my inbox on yahoo and not getting downloaded by the windows app, even when I click refresh. It seems to download some mails at least once a day but that's it.

How can I fix this?

I switched from outlook since it is not supported my MS anymore but this app is really a pain in the ass to use.

submitted by /u/Speckbieber
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Speckbieber, Aug 28, 2020

2. WIndows 10 Mail application not working properly and sync issues.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in mail app settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "but cant switch that account in the app (the original account is listed as an outlook account", what exactly are you referring to?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sync settings related issues in Mail app and check if it helps.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

Please get back to us with an update on issue with syncing emails on Mail app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Issue Syncing Mail & Calendar Apps

Hi Orlando,

Here are some reasons why some applications are not syncing properly:

• The application is out of date.
    • The date or the time on the computer is not properly set up.

To help you with the issue, we recommend following the steps provided on this
    link
    that has the resolution in syncing issues in Mail and Calendar
    apps on Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 28, 2020
  4. s427 Win User

Mails will not get synced properly

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

Mails will not get synced properly

1. Mails will not get synced properly - Similar Threads - Mails synced properly

2. Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail: Windows 10 Mail is not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail. Certain sites are not displaying properly i.e. they just show all the technical background text. Most sites do display properly. This occurs on both of my laptops one the Pro edition the other the home edition. In order...
  3. Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail: Windows 10 Mail is not syncing properly with Yahoo Mail. Certain sites are not displaying properly i.e. they just show all the technical background text. Most sites do display properly. This occurs on both of my laptops one the Pro edition the other the home edition. In order...
  4. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail not syncing: Since early April my Microsoft mail won't sync with my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me my password is out of date. I changed the password & it still won't work. How can this be fixed?...
  5. Mail Sync

Mail Sync: I have been using windows 10 mail to access my ATT email via yahoo for several years. I utilize this on 2 devices 1: laptop and 2: desktop. The other day when I tried to sync on the desktop it says there is a problem and going through the fix it asks to update the password....
  6. Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly

Changing the sync option for the windows mail app doesn't work properly: Hello everybody, I am using the windows mail app since it seems to be the most reliable way to connect a bunch of different mailing accounts with special server settings to one client. So far so good, but unfortunately the app does not let me choose the sync settings to my...
  7. Mail sync

Mail sync: Linked to mail accounts, Mail Windows 10 and Gmail I now get duplicate mail, how can i resolve this issue GR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-sync/f12a5d37-8b54-4b1d-ad61-22eb2249f231
  8. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail not syncing: Anyone know how to fix a problem with the email not syncing when using the Mail app? I can sign in through hotmail.com and it works but doesn't sync to the "M" mail app. Thanks....
  9. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  10. Mail App not syncing properly

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not syncing properly: Hi guys I'm having a weird issue here with the Mail app on my PC. I got a message a week ago in the mail app that my outlook account was updated and now supports "Focused" inbox. Since then I no longer get notifications of new mail arriving and it appears its not checking...