Windows 10: MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop.

Discus and support MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have tried installing several mail clients including Thunderbird and emClient and made all the proper settings in default programs and/or set by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boulderman40, Oct 27, 2019.

1. MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop.

Have tried installing several mail clients including Thunderbird and emClient and made all the proper settings in default programs and/or set by protocol to no avail. In IE 11 The File, Send , page by email , link by email were both greyed out. Then saw there was a free trial for office 365, which after trial was $99 a year and then installed that on my desktop and lo and behold the file, send page by email and send link by email suddenly were black and worked for this function which has been missing for sometime since putting Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1. Anyone else notice this phenomenon??

:)

boulderman40, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

MAILTO NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10

Hi Robert,

To resolve the issue with your Mailto in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel, search for Default Programs, then click it.

MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop. bdc8f123-ff35-4881-a2ed-cf4b6fed652e.jpg

• Under Choose the programs that Windows uses by default, click
      Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Under Associate a file type or protocol with a program, scroll down the list until you find
      MAILTO.
    • Double-click MAILTO, then choose the client you prefer.

MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop. f69cdee8-4603-46f2-ae25-7d24757d6b3e.jpg

• Click OK.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Mailto: in Browsers not working

Hi, I have installed Pegasus mail, and during the installation, accepted the option to set it as the default mailto client.
    I also set it as the default from an Open with prompt.

I can confirm that clicking on email links opens Pegasus, and that the mailto entry as per my screenshot shows Pegasus.

I installed Pegasus at a custom location (in the same folder as Thunderbird's installation folder).

So there appears to be no fundamental conflict with Win 10.

This might suggest some other issue with yours which is affecting mailto. You mentioned you have noticed some other problems- could you list them or suggest any that could possibly be related?

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop.

Mailto: in Browsers not working

Does this help? This bit looks promising...

http://superuser.com/questions/97246...ram-not-listed

Thema:

MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop.

1. MAILTO Does not Work On Windows 10 Desktop. - Similar Threads - MAILTO Does Desktop

2. Windows 11 Pro update default mailto is not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro update default mailto is not working,: I have an issue setting the default mail app on both my work and home laptops, in both cases I installed outlook first then a second mail app. Notes for an old archive on my work WS and Thunderbird for home. After installing these became the default mail apps so when I right...
  3. Windows 11 Pro update default mailto is not working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro update default mailto is not working,: I have an issue setting the default mail app on both my work and home laptops, in both cases I installed outlook first then a second mail app. Notes for an old archive on my work WS and Thunderbird for home. After installing these became the default mail apps so when I right...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Desktop does not working under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Desktop does not working under Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-descriptor-request-failed/2eeab026-0de2-4986-9e94-dbe0b9ca2c64?page=1Got the same problems with newly bought ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401QM-K2100T laptop with fresh and clean Win10 20H2 19042.1083, all the same --...
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Desktop does not working under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Desktop does not working under Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-descriptor-request-failed/2eeab026-0de2-4986-9e94-dbe0b9ca2c64?page=1Got the same problems with newly bought ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401QM-K2100T laptop with fresh and clean Win10 20H2 19042.1083, all the same --...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Desktop does not working under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    App hotkeys does not work on desktop Windows 10: Hello! Today I discovered that all of my hotkeys do not work on desktop, but when any app is open i mean not minimized, but it can be not active, they work as intented. Yesterday my hotkeys were working, from that time I did not install any apps, did not change any of my...
  8. Mailto: in Browsers not working

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto: in Browsers not working: Good Day, I have recently upgrade to windows 10 and the mailto: links dont work anymore. Running outlook 2013. When I go to a webpage with a clickable email it no longer opens outlook new message. I tried to check the default programs, made sure that outlook is the default...
  9. Mailto Links

in Browsers and Email
    Mailto Links: Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail? Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail or Outlook. I wish it default to Gmail, and if possible not the app but the program. 20308
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chromehtml protocol

2. mailto not working in Windows 10

3. mailto not working windows 10