Windows 10: Main administrator account does not accept my password/PIN (URGENT)

Discus and support Main administrator account does not accept my password/PIN (URGENT) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I had put my laptop in safe mode yesterday and got stuck there as it didn't accept my password. After doing research, I wrote that 'bcdedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Welsh_Chavi, May 22, 2020.

1. Main administrator account does not accept my password/PIN (URGENT)

Hi, I had put my laptop in safe mode yesterday and got stuck there as it didn't accept my password. After doing research, I wrote that 'bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot' command, restarted the laptop, my password was accepted and I got in. Since I was worried that it might not accept my password after I restart it again, I created a couple of local admin accounts just in case it stops logging me in with my main admin account. I was also asked to set up Windows Hello PIN that I did for my main admin account.

After I restarted the laptop, it says - Password is incorrect. It still doesn't let me enter with my main admin account. It also says - 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again.' How do I do that when it doesn't accept my password?

I can use the laptop with other local accounts I created. How do I solve this? How do I get access for the main admin account? I have taken backup of my personal data in my portable hard drive.

Please help me out. Do I reset the laptop or do recovery?

submitted by /u/Welsh_Chavi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Welsh_Chavi, May 22, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 22, 2020
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, May 22, 2020
  4. Main administrator account does not accept my password/PIN (URGENT)

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Not helpful. Are you kidding - three hours into attempts to access safe mode in Windows 10. Will not accept the pin as numerous people have noted. Also will not accept Microsoft password I just used to make this post. Will not allow me to create another
    account to try to setup an administrator account by itself. My current account is as administrator and still no go with accessing safe mode. Next step is to return to Windows 8 where it was easy.

What is Microsoft thinking? This is a personal computer and the security is horrendous.

CourtlyBetz, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Main administrator account does not accept my password/PIN (URGENT)

1. Main administrator account does not accept my password/PIN (URGENT) - Similar Threads - Main administrator account

2. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account: Hello Everyone!I have a problem, I have forgotten the pin to the administrative account on my laptop and I have also forgotten the password to the account that would help me to recover that said account on my laptop. So for example if I wanted to update an app on my laptop or...
  3. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account: Hello Everyone!I have a problem, I have forgotten the pin to the administrative account on my laptop and I have also forgotten the password to the account that would help me to recover that said account on my laptop. So for example if I wanted to update an app on my laptop or...
  4. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Main administrator password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main administrator password?: Hello, I am trying to use system restore in automatic recovery mode. it asks me for The password of user ''Administrator'' since keyboard and mouse are not working they only work in bios im trying to reset windows but the administrator password is i don't know i did reset the...
  6. Main administrator password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main administrator password?: Hello, I am trying to use system restore in automatic recovery mode. it asks me for The password of user ''Administrator'' since keyboard and mouse are not working they only work in bios im trying to reset windows but the administrator password is i don't know i did reset the...
  7. Main administrator password?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Microsoft Store does not accept my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Store does not accept my PIN.: So I have gotten a second computer and am trying to sign in to the Microsoft store on said computer, and all goes well. I put in my email, my password, and then it asks me for my Windows Hello pin. So I enter the pin that I had set up ages ago, and it doesn't seem to work. I...
  9. Pin and password for administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and password for administrator: Have no ideal how to reset my pin and password formy hp stream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-and-password-for-administrator/d3a83a38-7a9b-43b3-9379-d36d69e601b3
  10. make my main account as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    make my main account as administrator?: In Windows 10 I have 2 accounts one is guest account configured as an administrator by mistake, and my main account is not. I want to delete the guest account and make the main one administrator account. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You....